“Lasagna!”

Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual
“Lasagna!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Incredible lasagna, huge serving. Salad also very good. Hot loaf of bread, freshly baked and outstanding, brought to the table just after we sat down. I felt like I was in a restaurant in Tuscany. Shrimp and grits also very good.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Pointc

Daphne, AL
“Small and quiet”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Wait staff not familiar with ingredients in dishes served. Food is above average in ingredients, preparation, and taste, however portions are small

Visited January 2014
Salmon Arm
“A new favorite!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've been meaning to try La Rosso for months because so many friends have recommended it. Well, last night, I finally made it, and I'm wondering why it took me so long. The food was great, the service personal, and the atmosphere perfect -- neither too basic nor too stodgy. Together, it added up to a delightful evening. We tried a number of small plates and entrees, and everything -- the grouper, boudin balls, shrimp, cheese grits -- even the tasty salad -- was exceptional. We almost passed on the beignets, but am I glad we didn't. These delicious little morsels (about 30 to an order) are eggy and chewy on the inside and perfectly dusted with powdered sugar and the perfect touch of salt. Terrific.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Candonjan
Daphne, Alabama
“Fair to mediocre, mainly due to service”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We heard from a number of people that the food was outstanding, so we decided to try it on Valentine's Day.

For starters, we had to wait for an hour for our food, although we were one of two tables at 5:00 p.m (waiter said he made a mistake, with two couples in the entire restaurant). One napkin provided, and the waiter dropped water on the table after refilling our tea glasses.

Food was good, but not excellent. I had grouper on a boudin cake, which was quite unusual, while my wife had what I call steak medallions with creamed potato and a green vegetable. The Valentine's Day special was a sampling of three appetizers, the entree, and a sampling of three desserts for $29.95 per person.

Was it worth it? I'm at odds on that one, as the ambiance is only so-so, as was the food.

Disappointed, to say the least...I won't recommend it.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank kenkraw
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fine cuisine returns to Olde Town Daphne”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

After many years of eating across the street at Guido's, I decided to try something new. La Rosso has a very interesting menu, and each item I tried had great ingredients prepared with a deft hand. Even the bread and butter is special. What a great addition to the local dining scene. Chef Will seems very enthused to provide a special dining experience. I can't wait to come back!

Visited February 2014