“GREAT FOOD! AWESOME SERVICE!”
Review of Market by the Bay

Market by the Bay
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Daphne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is one amazing small little hole in the wall place. On one side there's the restaurant and the other a seafood market. They are very military friendly. Husband goes a couple times a month when in the area for business. And he will surprise me about once a month and take me here. The staff is amazing. Very helpful and always welcoming. And the food, O'my. We always get their fried shrimp. It's flaky and perfectly cooked. By far the best shrimp I've ever had. Gumbos pretty tasty too. Have had different sides when we go, coleslaw, baked beans, fries, and potato salad. All are good. Haven't had a side yet we didn't like. Looking forward to the fried pickles next time I go. There's no better place to get good seafood. Keep up the great work guys. O and one last note.... We drive from Milton Fl. which is about 60miles away. It's so worth it.

1  Thank Doodlebugs2001

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My co workers order from here every few weeks. One of them bought me lunch the other day which included fried shrimp, fried pickles, hush puppies & coleslaw. Everything was fabulous other than the coleslaw, it's not what I'm used to. I love that they batter and fry the shrimp when you order. You can taste the freshness of the shrimp. Top notch seafood. I will definitely order from Market by the bay again. Awesome shrimp!!

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

If I could I would eat there all of the time! The food is so fresh-I can't think of anywhere else locally that has food come even close! This is definitely my favorite place for seafood.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Biggest shrimp poboy I've ever eaten. Couldn't even pick it up! Large tender pieces of shrimp with delicate breading. YUM! Delicious gumbo, too. We had pulled into the parking lot just to see when they were open to eat there the next day. The owner (or manager?) came out and asked us if she could help. Then she ran back in and brought out a sample of the gumbo. What great service.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at a hotel across the street and went in here after reading some reviews. Not a very fancy place but the food was great. The ladies working were very friendly and were very attentive. I had a shrimp dinner and it was good. They gave me a sample of gumbo after I ordered. I wish they had given it to me first. That is the best gumbo I ever had. Next time just a bowl or two of gumbo for me. Try a sample. It's great.