“A Must try!”

The Wacky Shrimp
Ranked #5 of 111 Restaurants in Daphne
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Traveling to NOLA from Orlando, wife, I and 6 kids, 15-21, pulled this place up on the smart phone. Sounded awesome and we were looking for shrimp. Had to kick up the speed as they close at 8. Pulled in at 715. Looked like a typical "Fast Food" joint?!? Red flag. 8 of us. In we go, bright, clean and warmly greeted. Prices look great. Order at the counter, find a table and they bring it to you when done. Pleasantly surprised that the "Jumbo Shrimp Special" ($12.95) was offered fried OR GRILLED! Grilled it was. PLENTY of shrimp, standard sides as well as some different (Potato salad, Beans, slaw,etc) Non seafood too, burgers. It was very good!

RitaR3468, Guest Relations Manager at The Wacky Shrimp, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Jerry, thank you for your excellent review! We are glad that you and your family choose our restaurant and we are so happy that we lived up to your expectations! As a family business, we try hard to make each customer have a great experience. Please visit us again anytime you are in this area. Once again, thank for taking your time write a review. It means the world to us!!

Reviewed August 31, 2018

I'm a local and Wacky has been one of my main "go to" places since they opened several years ago. I have never dined in the restaurant but always did takeout. Their drive through lane is fast and efficient, even though each meal is made to order. My favorites are the shrimp wrap (grilled or fried), which does NOT fall apart after a few bites like some do, and their "pound of shrimp" (again, comes grilled or fried). Their Wacky fries (try them with their signature Wacky sauce), cole slaw and grits (available on Mondays and Tuesdays) are tasty sides to accompany your meal. As a Christian, I respect that they are CLOSED on Sundays, but they are a great option the other 6 days of the week. So go and get Wacky!

RitaR3468, Public Relations Manager at The Wacky Shrimp, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Jay, a biG THANK YOU for your wonderful review! We LOVE our customers especially our long time, loyal ones! Your loyalty and this review mean the world to us. Thank you so much!!! Please come inside sometime. We would love to meet you and your family!

Reviewed August 3, 2018

Looked for a local place while staying in Mobile, AL for work...Google is your friend!
Found this place, less than 2 miles from my hotel, so made the short drive.
Order at the counter (or at the drive-thru if you don't want to eat there!). Super friendly young ladies working the counter and bringing your food to your table, very knowledgeable and helpful in ordering, suggestions galore. Decided on the Half & Half, basically shrimp how you want it (fried, popcorn, or blackened), a nice piece of fish how you want it, and 2 sides. Chose fried shrimp and blackened fish, a bowl of gumbo, and extra hushpuppies.
The shrimp were HUGE, and fried just right. The blackened fish had just the right amount of spice, and the gumbo was great with nice chunks of veggies and shrimp. The hush puppies were crispy and hot!
The meal was way more than I was expecting from the looks of the place...small and very unassuming. I cannot wait till my next trip to Mobile!

Rita R, Guest Relations Manager at The Wacky Shrimp, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2018

Wow! Thank you so very much for these kind words. It means the world to us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

I live locally and have passed by this restaurant several times. My husband and I finally decided to give it a try and were very pleasantly surprised by the food, portions, prices and service. The fried shrimp and fried pickles are wonderful! We will definitely be eating here again!

I am so glad you finally tried us!!! We love when our customers are pleasantly surprised. As a family business, we try hard to make every customer have an enjoyable visit and leave full!! Look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you again!!

Reviewed July 17, 2018

Great customer service !!! The quality and portions of the food can't be beat anywhere.
The price of the food is a real deal for what you get. The fried pickles are awesome !! The jumbo shrimp is better than any shrimp I have ever eaten and I travel the southeast. I was there on 7/13 and they have added a gumbo that is straight out of
the Bayou.

What a great review!! Thank you!! We sincerely appreciate your kind words. Please visit us again when you are in the area.

Been to The Wacky Shrimp? Share your experiences!