“Papa's Place is Tops”

Dining options: Reservations
Eastchester, New York
“Papa's Place is Tops”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We visit the Eastern Shore at least twice a year, and we always dine once or twice at Papa's Place. It is our favorite. The Filet Mignon is always top notch - if you like blackened things, the Black and Blue is excellent [too salty for us, but so is every blackened recipe; if not, there are other options that are all good. Fish is excellent. The traditional Italian Gravy [red sauce] recipes tend to be a little heavy, but as New Yorkers we can attest that that is the real deal.

We're visiting again next week and we plan to stop at Papa's Place again. Wouldn't miss it.

Important: it's BYOB. Stop at the package store accross Hwy 98 first, then drive on over. [Corkage is very reasonable.]

• Visited July 2011

Daphne, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Everyone I have talked to loves this place, but we must have gone on a terrible night. Service was horrible, they didn't bring my daughters food until well after the adults meal was put down. The stuffed shrimp had so much salt in them they were inedible. The eggplant parm was undercooked. Couldn't get the waiters attention to get it fixed and left miserable. Typically give a place a second chance, but have never brought myself to go back.

• Visited September 2010
1 Thank SBCG_4
Mobile, Alabama
“Perfect Steak Every Time”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This was my third visit to Papa's Place and I always order a steak dish. My steak was cooked to perfection each time which is seldom seen with a medium rare order. The meal was outstanding...served so hot that my food was still very warm with the last bite (including the veggies). Service was prompt and professional but could use a little more casual friendliness. The atmosphere is quite and simple and could benefit from more deliberate decor but I'm there for the food. Regardless, Papa's Place knows how to deliver a great meal!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank dcoccaro
Mobile, Alabama
“Awesome BYOB restaurant in Daphne”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My family gets together at Papa's several times a year, and it never disappoints. The portions are large and the roasted veggies are wonderful. The prices are very reasonable, and I love the fact that it is BYOB, something that doesn't happen very often in this area.

Hammond, Louisiana
“Good Italian Food.”
Reviewed May 12, 2010

It was just renovated. Great food and service. Bring your own wine for a small fee. Staff immediately makes you feel like a regular, gives great suggestion, and are just all around nice. Really enjoyed our first experience here and we will be back.