“GREAT”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Guido's Restaurant

Guido's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Daphne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fairhope, Alabama
“GREAT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food here is the star. The menu rotates often and they serve very good seafood, typically in an Italian style.

Visited December 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food - but not so good service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I'll get to the point, because there's not too much to say: my mom and I decided to go have a late night dinner here on the 14th of December this year, because we wanted to try again due to our failed last visit here. At our last visit, the food was okay, but the service was awful. Our waitress there (who was actually working, but not for us, on our second visit) didn't know how to do her job. She asked the same questions, and do you know what she said? "Oh, yeah, you guys can just straighten up those plates there and stack them, and give me your silverware. Thanks." She muttered it, but it wasn't unintelligible. She expected us to help her out. Of course, if I was merely handing her a plate, I would gladly do it. But she waited for us to stack them up ourselves and fold our napkins and everything. It was just ridiculous.
This time, when my mom and I went there, the food was brilliant. We had the same dish: the ribeye. It was cooked perfectly to what we asked it to be, the mashed potatoes were delicious, and the bread there is ah-mazing. But, again, the service wasn't that good. It wasn't nearly as bad as last time, but the host was very short and stern, and she just pointed to our table and said nothing else. Our first temporary waitress wasn't any better. She just asked what we wanted, closed her book, and left, without another word or smile or anything. I could read her body language: she was uptight and seemed oblivious to her customers' friendliness, opposed to hers.
Our next waitress was average - a little friendly, but not overly friendly like we would like her to be. So, this place - regarding the food - earns three stars.
The atmosphere is great, though! There's a man who plays the piano and is a wonderful singer, and it's so great to be around him. I gave him money on my first visit, and he gave me his CD. Extraordinary.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Julia C
Daphne, Alabama
“Never been disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

At Guido's you know your food is going to be fresh and tasty. They have a lot of variety and fabulous dishes. The service seems to be a bit un-organized during most of our visits with several waitresses asking us the same questions throughout the night. ...Yes, this happens every time we go.My husband and I just laugh about it. lol (Maybe they aren't assigned specific tables.??) That is the only negative there, bc everything else is just great. Our favorites are the salmon and the seafood lasagne. The portions here are huge. ...But you simply MUST leave room for the bread pudding! We frequently go just for that after we dine somewhere else. Order one bread pudding for two people though as it is enough to feed a small village! lol Sometimes there is a wait to get a table and at times it can be very loud, but we enjoy the live music in the background. One of Daphne's best!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Mobilebaygirl
Lower Alabama
“Best in Daphne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Never had a bad experience or meal in all the years this restaurant has been open. Lunch menu portions are the same as dinner at 2/3 the price. My favorites have never varied and the menu is diverse enough to challenge my favorites (which then become my favorites)

Visited December 2012
1 Thank gtfromnj
“Can't go wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We live 10 minutes away and have been Vinny's fans since they opened. Consistently good food, huge portions (enough for a second meal), fair prices, variety of beers on tap year round. If you want a neighborhood pub feel with friendly staff and a menu from fresh homemade pizzas to spinach salad with large grilled shrimp on top and hot sandwiches on locally made bread, this is the place. Great for families so its noisy on weekend nights.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Guido's Restaurant? Share your experiences!