“A prison's food is better than this.”
Review of Grand Buffet - CLOSED

Grand Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have been to many Chinese restaurants and buffets and this is by far the worst. First of all the food was cold and had likely been sitting there for three hours. Imitation crab meat in sushi is not the least bit appealing. In general this area lacks exemplary ethnic food not to mention immigrants so it's not too surprising that the food was bad. If it wasn't cold I could understand why people on a budget would go here. There is a far better Chinese place down the road in the Fairhope Publix shopping center and it's not a buffet but still affordable. I would go there instead. Really I expected it to be bad but was dragged along by a friend. It exceed by expectation of just how bad it really is.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Food was sub par and waitress will cheat you on the bill. This happened to us and when we questioned her, she was adamant about it and defensively said, "Well we can't please everybody." It was obvious that she did it deliberately and purposely, and I am sure it's happened before. At this point we couldn't argue. There was nothing we could do but pay and walk out. We will NEVER return. There are many other higher quality places in the area with better food that will appreciate their customers.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was one of my favorite chinese restaurants. Then, I saw their health department ratings. Out of 100 points, they scored a 66 in Dec. 2012 and a 67 in Jan 2013. Most local restaurants score in the 90s. Personally, I don't eat at restaurants that score less than 85. There could be an unusual situation that causes a low rating one time. But, twice in a row?!

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I don't eat Chinese often, but I do eat it enough to recognize the quality of the food. It was not a bad experience at all. But the food was average at best. Shrimp were over cooked & lacked flavor, chicken dishes were ok. Fried rice was a little undercooked. The service was very good & I will go back again later, because of the 2 trips I have made, one was ok & one was not quite as good.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Not a good place to take kids. they can't appreciate the great Chinese cuisine. They would rather McDonald's which is where we ended up for them.