“Authentic Mexican Food”

Don Carlos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 111 Restaurants in Daphne
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 8, 2018

I'm a real tamale snob. I've eaten them from coast-to-coast, sampled some of the best in both California and Texas and make a mean one myself. However, Don Carlos serves a pretty damn good tamale that fills you us and is delicious and seasoned well.

The staff is very attentive and friendly and the portions are ginormous. We took a lot of extras home, but they were delicious.

Our group had the large taco salad which is honestly enough to feed three people. I had the tamale with black beans and rice. Great accompaniment with a little melting of cheese on top. The chips are fresh, crisp, and light. Deep glasses with never-ending refills and a decent hit to your wallet.

Recommend this place for good food and great service.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

First time visit and pleasantly surprised. They have a lunch menu and was very reasonable. Top items are hard shell beef tacos and a bean and beef burrito.

Great flavored salsa.

The enchilada sauce was only ok-too sweet for my taste.

Overall, a great experience.

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

I thought it tasted horrible. The chicken was too chunky and dry. The beans and cheese were the worst. The tortillas were weak.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Corn tacos that had dissolved in a layer of grease that covered the bottom of the plate. Retried beans that looked like runny yellow vomit with floating morsels. Tasteless rice.
Don’t bother!

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband & I have "date night" on Friday evenings. We chose Don Carlos Mexican Restaurant in Daphne on Hwy. 181 this time. We enjoy Mexican and this night was no exception. My husband wanted several choices on the "a la carte" menu. He enjoyed everything he ordered. I ordered a super burrito and thoroughly savored every bite. I haven't had a good super burrito in a long time. We will definitely be back! They were really busy, but service was good, fast and friendly! Prices were also great! Don't know what you're missing.........