“Seafood Restaurant...”

Kraver's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in Daphne
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The servers were nice. Our orders arrived quickly. For fried seafood, it was on par with most places. There's a decent amount of food but it's pricey. There's also not that much selection for those that don't eat seafood. My wife said the hamburger wasn't spectacular. There's plenty of seating for large parties. I wouldn't be opposed to going again, but it's not at the top of my list.

There are newer reviews for Kraver's Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed October 7, 2013

How have I lived in Fairhope for almost 5 years, and never eaten at Kraver's until last month? What a mistake! I wish I'd discovered this place years ago! My fiance and I were looking for somewhere to get some dinner and watch some Auburn football on a Saturday night before going out for drinks. We really wanted a salad for dinner, which is surprisingly tough to find around this area. We'd never eaten at Kraver's, but had decided to give it a try because the parking lot was always full.

Service was really friendly, but very slow to start off with. We ordered wine (Copa di Vino), a bowl of gumbo to share, and a grilled shrimp salad. Everything was delicious. The gumbo was some of the best either of us have eaten, and my fiance grew up on gumbo. Me, I didn't like it until here very recently, but I can say that this was some of my favorite. It tasted a lot like my to-be-mother-in-law's gumbo. And the shrimp salad! For $6, you get a large, fresh garden salad, loaded up with grilled shrimp, and homemade salad dressing. It was exactly what we were wanting, and the salads were so big, we could have easily split one.

Perfect (and inexpensive) dinner, even if the service wasn't. We will definitely be going back!

1  Thank marinerjess
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great place for local seafood and one of the best cups of gumbo ever! I was closing my eyes and wishing for a tail gate party with beer, cool weather, and lots of rowdy friends....oh well, my wife soon brought me out of my daze....

Came late in the afternoon and split the fried shrimp dinner with both of us having a cup of gumbo. Shrimp was fresh, hot, and sweet tasting with a good crunchy batter. I personally prefer the cornmeal batter, but their's was still good with a very thin coating. Fries were fresh and hot...little too much salt, but still good. Wasn't as impressed with the slaw...it was mayonnaised based, but had another ingredient that didn't quite agree with my taste.

Smiles all around by the staff! We'll be back!

1  Thank rob_frank_us50
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This resturant was recommended by one of my friends while I was working in Mobile. its not much to look at on the outside, but don't let that stop you from eating there. Just as my friend said, the Gumbo was the best in the Daphne AL area. Decided to continue with an Oyster Poboy. Gotta admit, the food did not disappoint. The service was great and the faces were quite pleasant. Finally, I did not leave the place wondering where all my money went. If you are in the area be sure to try this place.

1  Thank FAAglobetrotter
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have tried gumbo everywhere we have been and nothing compares with the gumbo at Kravers! It is by far the best. I normally do not eat fried food (and they do offer grilled), but I had the fried popcorn shrimp because it was on their all you can eat special for the day. It was wonderful! I would not call these 'popcorn' shrimp. They were nice sized (they were the size other places serve for dinner), juicy, very lightly battered and full of flavor. Neither of us had seconds. They give you plenty of shrimp on the first go around.

We came back the next day for gumbo and crawfish.... Once again it was wonderful. This is by far my favorite seafood restaurant. We live in SW Florida at this time and can't get good local seafood here.

It is not located on the water, but all of the servers were very friendly, and make you feel welcome. I highly recommend Kraver's.

1  Thank IslandHoppingAgain