“Another great meal at CA.”

Compleat Angler Seafood Grille & Bar
Cuisines: Cuban, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our favorite place to go on the Eastern Shore. Great food, the best views, and a wonderful staff. The manager is the best. Try the fish in a tin, a Po-Boy, or one of their huge burgers.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had lunch at the Compleat Angler again today. As always the food was excellent and the service wonderful. They went out of their way to make our visit a great one. The Mahi Mahi was beautifully prepared and so were my husband's fried shrimp. I needed to make some changes to my meal as I am on a carb restricted diet and they gladly substituted a salad for my black beans and rice at no extra charge. Our waitperson Betty was attentive without being intrusive. All in all a great experience. I do with they would bring the Barbacoa back to the menu though. That was a favorite with my family.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Absolutely the best food in the area! My husband and I have eaten at Compleat Angler at least once a week for the past two years. The food is outstanding and service is great. The menu offers the best seafood in the area plus great steaks, chicken, hamburgers, and salads. There is something to satisfy everyone's taste. Compleat Angler has inside as well as outside dining. The view of the Mobile Bay is beautiful! It is such a great place to relax and enjoy great food!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My first time here, stopped by for a 4pm late lunch/early dinner hoping for a good burger. The building exterior isn't much but inside is beautiful and large with seating on an upper level, lower level at the windows and outside on the deck overlooking Mobile Bay. Before even sitting at the table I was led to, I could see a sticky mess on the adjacent chair to the one I was going to sit in and along the table edge, it looked like clear soda had spilled everywhere but not wiped up. I was immediately taken to a different table with apologies.

My server was Joy and she was helpful in explaining the menu, my burger was prepared quickly and she checked in with me a few times and to refill my soda, doing a great job. The burgers are big but I was hungry and it was good. The young man at the front entrance was pleasant as I entered and left and an older gentleman I assumed was the manager or owner stopped by the few tables to make sure the customers were taken care of, which is impressive. Joy and I had a laugh when I told her what my next errand was after I left the restaurant, so it was a very nice, friendly place and I'll stop in another time for seafood.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Don't miss this place. Everyone from start to finish made us feel like we were visiting an old friends home! Glorious sunset over Mobile Bay and the food was perfect.