“Unexpectedly good close to I10”

Compleat Angler Seafood Grille & Bar
Cuisines: Cuban, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Quick seating and drinks close to 9 pm closing on lovely outside deck over water with delightful live music.. Raw oysters and fried flounder superb! Chef's special broiled fish less than special. Racoons sneaking on deck despite warning signs bespeak of the good food and good natured folks there.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We met some locals for lunch here after reading the reviews. We found it perfectly satisfactory in every way. The staff was friendly and attentive, the view was nice, and the food was excellent. We would certainly go back if we were in the area. I went with the gumbo and was not disappointed.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Cool laid back enviroment with solid food choices. Nothing really seperates them from other seafood resturants but that is not a bad thing. Another nice option for the Daphne area.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a nice place to enjoy a great meal with a wonderful view of the Gulf, especially if you dine on the deck. They have a great selection of chef-prepared items including seafood, burgers, and salads. The conch fritters were excellent as was their gumbo. Our friends had sandwiches (a burger, and a fish sandwich) and both were HUGE. The pina coladas were also very enjoyable.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was in teh Compleat Angler on Saturday the 22nd of September. Both of my dinner companions loved thier food. I had the grilled pork chops which were outstanding. the sides were very good and complimented the main perfectly. the chef made an appearance in the dining room which was nice. My waitress was perfect, Ask for Emily. the only down side to the place is that the drink prices were outrageous! I paid $9.25 for one drink! I'll go back but I wont be ordering anything other than water to drink.