“Very nice stay.”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
Location
“Very nice stay.”
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I don't understand the complaints on this hotel. We stayed overnight on our way through Mobile. Our experience was very good - the place was clean, location was very convenient, complimentary breakfast was excellent and constantly restocked. In fact, they had the kitchen inspection rating posted on the wall and it was a 99 - they lost a point because one of the shelves in the storage room was less than 6" off the floor. The manager told me that they had immediately fixed that. It was too cold for the pool so we didn't check that out nor did we use the fitness center. We did enjoy the internet connection. We drive frequently and stay overnight along the way. We've stayed at all kinds of places 3 star and up. They compared well for the price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I stayed here for a total of 4 nights. When I checked in I had to wait 10 minutes because the desk attented was in one of the rooms doing who knows what. Once I got into my room it smelled like feet and and old carpet. The bathroom had dirty floors and holes in the wall. NOTHING works in the fitness room, the tv barely has any working channels. Everything is old and outdated and has a funky smell, even the elevator. I honestly wouldn't stay here for free!!!! I didn't dare it the food. Please do yourself a favor, don't bother staying here.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank Star0307
Texas
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We made the mistake of staying at the "Not So Comfort Suite's" in Daphne, AL on the way home from a trip to Disney. Upon check in the desk receptionist was very unprofessional. When asked if the rooms had microwaves, she answered..."I don't know, I guess you will have to look and see", and when asked what the address of the hotel was, she didn't even know where she works! Next when we asked her if they had napkins in the dining area, she said that we would have to go look in the cabinets ourselves. Once we got upstairs...up the stairs due to the elevator having a contstant buzzer going off... we noticed the toilet was plugged up and would not flush. I called down to the lobby and asked if they could send someone to fix the toilet...at this time I was told there is no maintenance crew on site and that I could come down and get a plunger and unplug the toilet myself. I went downstairs and was handed a plunger wrapped in a wet plastic bag with the last victum's POOP on it! I almost threw up on the man! We had two rooms, one of the rooms door would not lock...no need for a key! After having to move all of our belongings into our second room so we could go down and eat breakfast.... we came back upstairs and our keys would not work on the room that did have the locking door. We were told that cell phones can deactivate the keys.... we did not even have a cell phone by the keys! The stay was an awful experience... I left a comment card for the manager but have yet to be contacted by them, or see any type of a refund on my credit card.....will not be staying there EVER again!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TexasAlskat
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2010

At registration the clerk was busy talking on the phone to her boss, lamenting the lack of business. She was apologetic for the delay, and friendly when she finally did take care of us.

The room smelled of must, carpet was worn. Walls had noticeable patches. Bathroom door had unpatched hole. Closet was a tiny armoire, not big enough for two people. Our traveling companions had to switch rooms because there was not electricity in the room. One of the lights near the bed did not work. Highway noise was quite noticeable.

On the plus side, the common breakfast area was clean and well tended by friendly staff. That was the only highlight of our stay.

We did not pick these accomodations, one of our traveling companions selected this location. We will not let that individual select lodging for us in the future.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank TexasGma
London
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Stayed here for one night with my young family - I will not repeat that mistake.

Reception staff were grumpy and unpleasant the night we checked in and the next morning. Room was pretty big, but was damp, with an old smelly carpet and a sofa with holes in it! Asked for a baby cot, although we didn't end up using it as it looked too dirty.

Breakfast was ok, typical American buffet with waffles, toast/bagels, cereals and juices. I noticed after we had already left that they included hidden charges on the final bill that I didn't want or use. I will not be returning to this place, there are plenty of other hotels right next door.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank TheSmokingFish
NEW ORLEANS
Reviewed September 7, 2009

It was a pleasure to stay in the hotel.from the moment i walked in it was very inviting and welcoming.I definetly will be staying there again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
North Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2009

This was the last hotel of 4 that we stayed at during our trip from Texas to Florida and back. The first one was really nice, the second and third were not so nice-just budget friendly- and we found both rooms here at Comfort Suites to be quite nice. There is a coupon in the Alabama travel guide available at the rest stops along the way for 79.99. They didn't waiver from honoring the coupon price and the front desk was friendly and efficient. The rooms themselves were quite large with a king bed, sofa bed, armoire, desk, cup sink, fridge and microwave; spacious bathroom with plenty of counter space. The complimentary toileties included extras like mouthwash and a makeup removal cloth. The breakfast was ample with hot and cold selections. The pool and business center were clean and nice. I couldn't get the wifi to work in my room but it wasn't a big deal since the business center was large and uncrowded. I would definely stay here again when in the area. Bass Pro is across the street, too.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daphne
Hampton Inn Mobile-East Bay/Daphne
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Daphne/Mobile
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile-East Bay-Daphne
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#10 of 11 in Daphne
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore
Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!