“Good Stay”

Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Very nice , secluded set back from highway, safe. Rooms nice, staff friendly Breakfast ok typical for hotel continental breakfasts, price was right. Would stay there again and recommend it to others. Located near interstate and shopping area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwplusdaphne, General Manager at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

We are happy that your accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm a fan of Best Westerns usually, and this one was fine. My first impression, though, was awful. We walked in, and the manager was sitting behind the counter in the lobby. He did not acknowledge us or greet us in any way. He was not on the phone or doing anything that I could see. When we walked around to stand directly in front of him, he finally looked up without standing, smiling, or saying anything. I curbed my instinct to say hello just to see if he'd finally do something, so we were standing there and he was sitting there, looking at each other. He finally stammered, "Can I help you?" I might have left before this point if I hadn't just reserved the room online!
He handed me the keys without indicating where the room (or ice, fitness room, etc.) were located, or thanking me. Then, he watched me struggle with the luggage cart to get through the door to the hallway. Luckily, another motel guest was there to help me with the door.
The king room and the lobby were nicely appointed; the lobby looked great with Xmas decorations, and the breakfast area looked very comfortable. I only heard noise from the yahoos yakking incessantly in the parking lot. The shower was great, loved the really hot water, everything--including the laundry room (1washer, 1dryer) was very clean, and there were plenty of towels in the bathroom.
The hot breakfast was icky looking. The little rounds of fake eggs were unappealing, and the sausage patties were watery. Happily, cereal and yoghurt are available, and there's a Cracker Barrel across the road.
When it was time to check out, no one was at the front desk. Another guest and I waited around for awhile, then I just decided to leave. As I went looking for the ice machine, I saw Eric (the manager) in the laundry room watching the women do laundry.
I think I'd stay here again. Maybe Eric was just having a bad couple of days. Or, maybe he needs to hire some counter help with Customer Service experience.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
bwplusdaphne, General Manager at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for your review of our property! I would like apologize with the bad experience you had at our hotel. I will look in to this issue and have a talk with the employee who gave you bad customer service. I am verry sorry about this, please give me a call if you have any question and we hope to see you back here again.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Very nice place and good people the location is good far enough away to be quiet but close enough to everything else, Mobile and the beach just down the road, plenty of good eating places just down the road

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwplusdaphne, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Great courteous service, clean rooms, soft beds. Quiet. Perfect for our stopover 1/2 way point of our drive. The breakfast is fabulous with a lot of choices. Tried this hotel once on the way there and loved it so much we stopped again on the trip home. Definitely will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
bwplusdaphne, General Manager at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Like so many of the newer hotels, this one is beautiful from the road. The lobby was well appointed as was the generous size guest room, the hallways, however seemed cramped. It was clean, there was plenty of hot water for a mediocre shower, the towels were very good. The bed was comfortable with nice bed linens. The staff was very helpful. The down side to all of this is that there appears to be very little sound deadening between rooms - side to side and top to bottom. Movement in the room above us awakened us on multiple occasions. The TV from next door and the children in the hallway were also noise sources/interuptions..

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwplusdaphne, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for your review of our property! I would like apologize with the noise issue you had at our property. The rooms do have sound proof wall, but we will be happy to take a look at it.If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i make a trip to AL every year. We usually stay at the Marriott but thought we could find a comparable hotel and a better price. We really like the Best Western here. The location was close to a lot of shopping and other things we enjoy to do. We were really pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel and how friendly and accommodating the hotel team was. The king bed soon was really spacious and comfortable. We loved the complimentary morning breakfast. We ended up forgetting our phone charger (like most people do). I called the same day we checked out to see if they could locate it and send it to us. The girl told me she found the charger but would have to have a manager call me back bc managers handle items that are left behind. I never did get a call from anyone, which was very disappointing considering we had such a lovely experience otherwise and WOULD have chosen BW again next time. However, we might consider another hotel now for next year.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
bwplusdaphne, General Manager at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your review of our property! I would like apologize with the issue about the phone charger. The desk clerk did mention to the general manager but did not have a phone number to call the guest back. Guest mention will call back the next morning how to get the item mailed. we are verry sorry about this, please give us a call so we can get the right information.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

While on a motorcycle road trip, my friend and I stayed one night in this hotel. They are biker friendly and allowed us to park just off the side of the front doors (which was good because it rained that night). The hotel is very close to Interstate 10 but there was not really any road noise. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast adequate. I would stay here again if in this area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
bwplusdaphne, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Front Desk Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Daphne
Hampton Inn Mobile-East Bay/Daphne
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Daphne-Spanish Fort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Daphne
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile-East Bay-Daphne
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Daphne/Mobile

Been to Best Western Plus Daphne Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!