“Travels with My Dog”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
Jacksonville, Florida
“Travels with My Dog”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Check in was what I expected, I had made online reservations and my room was ready when I arrived, even though we arrived much later than expected. I was traveling with my Lab and there were areas to walk her with grass. The room was on the first floor which was nice when I had to take my dog out. Good outside lights at night. The room/bed was comfortable. There were very high ceilings which made the room appear much larger. Location was good as the Inn is right off the highway. Breakfast was normal LQ. Check out easy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank TravelswithDaisy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Varnamo, Sweden
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here one night on our way down to Pensacola Florida. The hotel has a very high standard, with nice comfortable beds. It's clean and fresh with cooperative staff. You feel that you gets much for what you´re paying for. For about 80 dollar you can rent a room with a king size bed. They have an outside pool to use in hot weather.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This hotel is great. We travel a lot and have found that this hotel really does have all of the qualities anyone would look for when traveling when they need a restful place to stay. We stay here often and from the time we walk in the door until the time we leave, every element is always perfect.

First off, all of the staff is always so pleasant: helpful, friendly, and kind. The rooms are nicely decorated and always very very clean. The beds are our favorite thing about staying here. They're tempurpedic memory foam and I get a better rest at the hotel than I do at my own house! I might need to buy one for myself. In the morning there's the free breakfast and it is much more than continental...they have a large variety of food and it is all always delicious. Plus, the one thing you can't beat: it's at a great location. There's a big mall right across the street with a lot of shops and restaurants and it's right off I-10 (but you can't hear the interstate at all).

I can't recommend this hotel enough to people traveling through and considering staying at this location. We have stayed at a few others at this location, but this La Quinta always out-does the others!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GiGiApples
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Plenty of room to exercise your pets. The room was very clean and current. The staff was accomadating and friendly. I would stay there again. Great location, easy on and off I 10. Several restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ashford
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our room was very nice. Large and nicely furnished, including fridge and microwave. Favorite part was the bed. They had tempurpedic mattresses, and it was definitely one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on. I loved the location. It was tucked away in front of a small patch of woods. While it was easy to get to from interstate, it wasn't directly facing interstate, so you did not hear the traffic.
I thought the price was high for this level hotel. I was a walk in, and expected to pay more than I would without a reservation, but it was still more than I expected. The desk clerk was very friendly, and did offer a slight discount, but in my opinion, it was still overpriced. Due to the late hour, I chose to pay and stay! There was a Best Western next to it that was packed. Very few people were at the La Quinta, and price was probably a factor. But, with few people in the hotel, it was very very quiet. Between the mattress and the quietness, we got a great night's sleep.
If I could get a better rate, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PEMBROKE PINES
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Nice, clean hotel with comfortable Tempurpedic mattresses and a decent breakfast. Reasonable price, a bit more than some other La Quintas, but well worth it.. I wish all La Quinta properties were like this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple