“Mr. Black and I Enjoyed Our Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Daphne
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Taking my four-legged companion along presents extra challenges. LQ is usually the answer, and this one was just the right "everything" for me and my Lab mix, Mr. Black. I agree wholeheartedly with the other positive reviews and want to add that the area seemed very safe. Mr. Black and I went for outside puppy walks at all different times, and always had a pleasant time of it. The full moon through the tall pines, with the late summer breeze, was awesome. I did try out the pool/spa area and enjoyed that a lot. There was a large flat-screen tv at the foot of the (as reviewer kel G mentioned) tempurpedic bed, and I enjoyed both of those amenities. Also I appreciated the microwave, fridge, and coffee maker being in the room, along with the free hot breakfast every morning from 6-9 a.m. The microwave and fridge were enclosed in a hutch/chest of drawers which gave an upscale appearance to the room, along with the framed prints on the wall which I found myself actually enjoying. When it seemed that the fridge wasn't getting as cold as I needed, I remembered a cruise where the room steward informed me that the door on the hutch in front of that fridge kept it from being able to get rid of the heat from the coils, and advised me to leave the hutch door open. It finally did cool off enough without my opening that hutch door, but I am just passing along that FYI. I had asked for a King Suite room, low floor, when I booked online. Upon check-in, the desk attendant, Jamie, noted my request and said that to get both of those, she would need to put me in an ADA room. That was just fine with me, so the ADA room put me just steps away from the side door when it was puppy walk time. Other than the closet rod being lower, and the toilet being just a little higher, I couldn't tell much difference from a regular room. I would mention there was also an ironing board and iron. The king bed had five pillows on it, with an extra pillow in the closet! A nice touch. I had booked for two nights, but ended up adding an extra night to our stay and spent the Sunday making a day trip down to Gulf Shores, AL, just to make sure the ocean was still there! It was, although a surprise storm that caused the cruise ships problems was certainly kicking up some angry waves and wind there. We took the Alabama Scenic Highway to Gulf Shores (which goes through a bird sanctuary near Fairhope, AL, and winds past Point Clear -- I would recommend that drive for anyone who has the time for it.) I stopped at a Dollar General store along the way to pick up some Roll Tide (U of AL) items for a great price. (They had Auburn, too!) There is a McDonald's adjacent to this LQ and when I bought my breakfast/drink Sunday morning, I was an "instant winner" of their current promotion and used that coupon for my free lunch in Gulf Shores! Then it was back to the Daphne LQ (via the regular route to save time) for the last night before heading back home to Atlanta. For anyone driving I-65 between South Alabama and Montgomery, I would very much recommend a stop at Exit 130 for the Bates House of Turkey Restaurant. As well as being a restaurant with really delicious, home-style food, they sell whole smoked turkey and other turkey items (turkey chili, turkey gumbo, turkey jerky) to go and everything I tried was really good. After eating my turkey sandwich (the reason I stopped initially), I went back to the counter and purchased a turkey dinner to microwave once I got to the LQ (so comforting after a long drive) and a sliced smoked turkey breast to take to the family gathering. On the way back, I got a smoked turkey to take back home. Very nice trip overall for Mr. Black and me, other than the reason for it (Loss in the family).

Room Tip: Don't be hesitant to stay in an ADA room if put there. Mine was very close to the exit, very nic...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was absolute luxury compared to the BayInn in Foley the previous night. We absolutely loved the temper pedic mattress. The bathroom was my personal favorite other than the mattress. Room availability and location wasn't the best, but we came during a busy season. Our clerk was nice and breakfast was decent. Overall, I have nothing bad to say. LaQuinta has stepped it up over the past few years from being a disaster to being able to call itself a respectable establishment!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This pet friendly LQ is fairly new and right off of I-10. All staff that I met were very friendly and helpful in whatever I needed. Has business center and fitness room. The pool is small, but we did not go there to swim.

Across the street is the Eastern Shore Center, a open air shopping center with movie theatre etc., as well as many choices for eating.

We have stayed there at least 3 times in the last 2 years and will again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed here one night on a cross-country trip, and I was very happy with this choice. The surroundings aren't much to look at, but there are a lot of restaurants nearby and coffee right across the street. The hotel itself is very well maintained. The beds are very comfortable and the room and hotel were spotless. I also traveled with a dog, and, as always, there were no problems having a pet and no extra charge. I would highly recommend this hotel if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Wonderful Stay. Rooms are very nice. We had a 37 Inch Flat Screen in the room. Bed and Pillows were very comfortable.

Their breakfast is much better than other LaQunitas we have stayed at. They actually had a HOT Breakfast with Sausage and Bacon, plus Eggs. And the usual other breakfast offerings.

LaQuinta is one of only 2 Hotel Chains (The other is Drury Inn) that allows Pets and a nicer Hotel to stay at. Most Motels that allow pets, will be low level flea bags that will put you in a smoking room and then charge a ridiculous NON-Refundable Pet Deposit. LAQUINTA DOES NOT CHARGE A PET DEPOSIT!

For the individual who SLAMMED this Hotel only because it allows pets, then go someplace else. Your comments about leaving pets at home are uncalled for. For most people who travel with their pets, they treat their pets as members of the family, like we do. Our Dogs are our KIDS! Don't SLAM the Hotel, just because you don't like animals. You have many other choices in Hotels to choose from.

Thank you LaQuinta for allowing Pets! Please don't change your policy because of one PUTZ who doesn't like Dogs.

This is definitely an EXCELLENT HOTEL!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JTorsrud
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I was in tears and refusing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Fairhope when I called the LaQuinta in Daphne desperate to not have our Memorial Day Weekend trip completely ruined. Not only was the hotel clerk friendly and understanding, she booked a beautiful King room for us at a reduced rate and explained that ALL LaQuintas across the country are pet friendly. When we got to the hotel and checked in, she called our room within 5 minutes to make sure everything was ok. This hotel has amenities that you would expect to find in higher priced resort rooms. This hotel is very modern, clean, friendly and conveniently located. The staff was Excellent! LaQuinta has won our business for Life. Kudos to this hotel chain for understanding that people want to travel with their pets and should not have to stay in flea bag hotels in order to do so!

Room Tip: Wonderful! Will be back!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I was awaken early in the morning by the sound of a loud barking dog.

How would you like to be startled out of a great sleep with Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof! Non-stop.

Not good. I found out this hotel and all the La Qunita chain allows dogs. I love dogs, but they should stay at home.

Will never darken a La Quinta chain again.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites Daphne for your recent stay in our area.

• Management and desk staff received additional instruction regarding their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests with pets remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Daphne. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.