Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman
getaroom.com
Quality Inn(Hanceville)
$73
Priceline
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesgentleman checkingother hotelsdecent pricecracker barrelwaffle makerwould stay here againbiscuitsgreat breakfastsolutionnashvillealmicrowavetvpillowssink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Cullman is a common stop for midwestern travelers on their way to the gulf. One of our favorite hotels, the Holiday Inn Express of Athens, was booked the night we wanted to stay. So we moved on to Cullman only to find it similarly booked. So we stopped by the Sleep Inn. What a horrific mistake. No AC in the summer, and a staff that could care less. We'll book the Athens hotel further in advance next time.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I made reservations for two rooms for two nights to attend my nephews high school graduation. One for my husband, daughter, and myself and the other for my sister and her husband. At check-in, one of the requested rooms was not available and was switched to another room, which was ok being it was actually a king suite that was much bigger given to my sister at the same cheaper rate. When we got in our room, the room was tiny and smelled like someone had just smoked a pack of cigarettes. I requested another room and staff gave me a different room. I wasn't told until later that it was going to be $15.00 more, but i didn't complain and just went along with it. At this time i was also told that an authorization hold had been put on my account but lady couldn't tell me for how much. She just said it was a percentage of our rate, which i was paying for both rooms on my debit card. I told the lady that i didn't want the hold on my account because i only had just a little more than the hotel stay in my checking account. She said that the only way for me to avoid this is to pay ahead instead at check-out, which i agreed. Big mistake. She not only charged my account once, but more than twice. Instead of reversing the hold on my account, she added another one. I didn't find any of this out until i checked my account online after checkout. My bill was $332.00 and they put holds on my account for around $680.00. This left us with $67.00 to get home to indiana on which wasn't really available since i still had $270 in checks and debits to clear at anytime. Holds would not come off my account until mon. And tues. The mgr. Was not helpful at all. He said since it was a weekend there was nothing he could do. My husband told him that he could give us the cash back and he, of course, refused. He could care less. He was too busy talking in a different language to an older man there and folding laundry while i'm sitting there in the lobby crying. Police were called. He told us that there was nothing he could do until the money actually came out of my account. We sat at the hotel for 2 hours waiting on the staff to help us. They wouldn't. Cleaning lady kept rolling her eyes at us and later told us that they (staff) do this to people all the time and didn't blame us for calling police. She worked for quite some time for less than min. Wage, supplies some of her own cleaning supplies and is trying to get them shut down. She was sweeping up the parking lot in the rain for min. Wage. This ruined our trip. We were to have lunch with my brother who lives about 30 min. From hotel and couldn't because of the extra time it took for this problem. These people only care about getting their money, nothing else. Did i mention the brown recluse spider crawling on my brother-in-law in his bed and the bites on my daughters legs? Nice....

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2008

The queen, single room was small but I was there for work. I had been staying at the Comfort Inn whenever I work in Cullman and was getting tired of that noisy and filthy place. I went to the Sleep Inn to see if they'd take my corporate motel card and they did. I'll be staying there from now on whenever I have to work in Cullman. There's a small exercise room on site. Includes a recumbent bike, elliptical trainer and a treadmill. Unfortunately the treadmill was broken while I was there but there's a nice road dead end to walk on in front of the motel. The bed was comfortable, the shower was great, and best of all..no noise from adjacent rooms or outside. All rooms include a microwave and refridgerator.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2007

We stopped in Cullman while travelling from NW Indiana to our honeymoon in Panama City Beach because we had been on the road about 9 hours. We stopped at a few hotels nearby and the Sleep Inn was by far the cheapest. We were able to get a non-smoking King room for $74. The ladies behind the counter were very friendly and showed us Yankees what Southern Hospitality was. The room was clean and fully stocked, and we were able to check our emails at the computer in the lobby. I honestly can't find 1 bad thing to say about the hotel. My wife and I will be stopping here again the next time we head to Florida.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rick081677
Reviewed March 15, 2007

My husband and I have now stayed at the Sleep Inn Cullman for the third time. Each time, we’ve stayed in the exact same room! We pick up a discount coupon book at a rest stop and feel we’re getting great value for our dollar. Our room is always clean and I really like the extended size of the shower. My only complaint is that there is not enough drawer space. There are cubbies that can be used, but I’m a drawer kind of person.
The breakfast room is well stocked and the waffles are great! However, it would be nice to have some protein (maybe yogurt or hard boiled eggs). It would also be nice if coffee was available 24/7.
The property is very close to a variety of restaurants which is very convenient.
Cullman had a city wide tornado warning while we were there and the hotel sounded the fire alarms to have the guests come to the ground floor for our safety. I appreciated that a lot!, as it was obvious they had their guests safety in mind I do think they could have done a better job at making everyone stay, but recognize that’s very hard to do in that situation.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple