“Great Place for needed rest”

Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Cullman
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Late on a Saturday night on our way to Florida, we made a unplanned stop here because we were too tired to continue on. We made a good choice by staying here, The rates were reasonable, the room could not have been cleaner and the desk person was extremely pleasant to us. The walk in shower was especially nice, the beds were perfect and the breakfast was much better than we expected. We will search for a Sleep Inn the next time we need a rest stop.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia W, Assistant Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Rose B,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel! We appreciate your business! We work hard every day to make sure all of our guests are happy with their stay with us. I love it when guests notice how friendly our front desk is and notice how hard our housekeeping staff works to keep the rooms super clean. We all hope to see you and your friends and family in the future! Our doors are always wide open to returning guest, and we try our hardest to make sure every stay with us that you leave with a smile on your face!

Thanks Again,
Assistant Manager
Cullman Al,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

After a bad experience with the local Econolodge, I booked the Sleep Inn using my points. They were really surprised with what I had went through with the Econolodge in Cullman and put me a large King Suite room. The room was great!

Wifi worked well for my needs and the staff was very friendly. The parking lot is a bit on the small side for the amount of rooms they have, but I was able to find a space.

It is really close to many restaurants. If I am ever in the area again, I will definitely stay here no matter what the rate!

Thank you so much for meeting my needs on such a busy weekend!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Alicia W, A.G.M at Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Colleen U,
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!! We just LOVE happy guests! I'm glad to see you enjoyed staying in one of our King Suites, its nice to have a great room to relax in after long hours on the road! We hope you send your friends and family our way if they are in the area! The best compliment is recommendation!
Thanks!
Cullman Al.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Got in the room late, ready to lay down and watch some TV, except the TV didn't work... No power. Decided just to get online and do some work, but didn't have the username/password (which is normally written down on the key sleeve at most hotels, on a card in the room, or at least offered by the front desk staff at check-in). Decided to just go to sleep. Good bed, good room. Upon check-out, I told the front desk clerk that the TV didn't work. She then told me that there was a switch on a wall that had to be turned on to power on the TV. Information that would have been great if the night clerk would have just mentioned it or if there would have been a note near the TV saying to turn on said switch. Basically, it just boils down to the staff not communicating as they should. I shouldn't have to call and ask for the Wi-Fi password or to figure out how to turn on the TV.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Alicia W, A.G.M at Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Mr. TimZ15,

First off I would like to thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent stay at Sleep Inn & Suites in Cullman Al. I do apologize for our staff not meeting your expectations! I have spoken to both front desk clerks about the matter. As we normally do ask our guest if they want/ need the wifi password and username at check in. I apologize on my front desk clerks behalf for not asking you or taking care of your needs. I hope you will give us another chance next time you are in our area I am sure we will exceed your expectations on your next stay with us! Hope to see you again soon!

Cullman Al.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I don't think I've ever stayed at a Sleep Inn before but read reviews on Trip Advisor and decide to try one. Good choice. The property looked new and was very clean. Breakfast was good. I was very pleased.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded August 14, 2013

Dear Dennis R,
We thank you and appreciate you taking time to review our hotel. We are very pleased when our guest leave happy! We appreciate the good review and my housekeeping staff appreciates you noticing our cleanliness ! We hope to see you again in the future you and your family and friends are always welcome at Sleep Inn & Suites in Cullman!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I needed a pet friendly hotel for the weekend. I made the reservations and was quoted the rate. When I checked in I was told the same rate. However, when I checked out there was a 20 dollar a day pet charge! Seriously!! The manager checked me out and I explained that this fee was not disclosed to me. It did not matter!!! I will not be back! The hotel was not at all clean enough or nice enough for what I paid!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Alicia W, Agm at Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear ABB2003,
We thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I see you were not pleased with your stay and there were some misunderstandings about our pet fee. When you checked in to our hotel we have you sign a registration and on the registration it states “All pets are to be registered with front desk for a non-refundable pet fee. Failure to register, may incur a $50 pet fee.” I am sorry for the misunderstanding and hope you will give us another chance as is we are one of the few pet friendly hotels in our area.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and two kids stayed here for three nights while in town for a local tournament. The property is located just off the interstate and within walking distance to several chain restaurants including Cracker Barrel and Logan's Roadhouse. Check in was easy and the room had modern updates like the furniture, bedding and flooring. The overall feel of the hotel and rooms was clean and updated. There is a small pool to occupy the kids while you're there during warm months. I would stay here again.

They serve your average hotel breakfast in their small dining area, and if that doesn't suit your needs there is a Cracker Barrel that practically shares a parking lot with the hotel and there's a Waffle House across the street.

The only complaint I have is that they jacked up the hotel rates for this annual event which tends to leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth who participates.

Room Tip: I think any room here would be fine, but I tend to prefer higher rooms farthest away from the elevat...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Alicia W, agm at Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear CM4DELTA,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we appreciate our guests leaving us nice reviews! We strive to please all of our guests and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have a lot of dining options within walking distance to our hotel which makes it a great stop for tired guest that have been long hours on the road. As for our rates we keep them comparable to surrounding hotels and feel we still offer a great deal! We hope to see you and your family and friends again soon! And the greatest compliment would be to refer us to friends and family traveling to our area.

A.G.M.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This wasn't necessarily a bad place, but definitely overpriced. Needs some cosmetic renovation but was fairly clean. Not all the rooms have been updated. Service at check in was nice but the next morning wasn't. Had to wait ten minutes at front desk to request the breakfast be restocked. Then had to wait about five minutes at front desk to check out. Doubtful we would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Alicia W, A.G.M at Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Mrs. Barb,

We would like to thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are very displeased to see you were not satisfied with your recent stay with us. Regrettably when you stayed with us we were short staffed. We hope you can give us another chance when you travel back to our area. We try our best to please all of our guests, on your next visit we hope to exceed your expectations.

A.G.M.