“Hidden Fees!!!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Cullman
“Hidden Fees!!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I needed a pet friendly hotel for the weekend. I made the reservations and was quoted the rate. When I checked in I was told the same rate. However, when I checked out there was a 20 dollar a day pet charge! Seriously!! The manager checked me out and I explained that this fee was not disclosed to me. It did not matter!!! I will not be back! The hotel was not at all clean enough or nice enough for what I paid!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Alicia W, Agm at Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear ABB2003,
We thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I see you were not pleased with your stay and there were some misunderstandings about our pet fee. When you checked in to our hotel we have you sign a registration and on the registration it states “All pets are to be registered with front desk for a non-refundable pet fee. Failure to register, may incur a $50 pet fee.” I am sorry for the misunderstanding and hope you will give us another chance as is we are one of the few pet friendly hotels in our area.

Cullman Al
256-734-6166

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and two kids stayed here for three nights while in town for a local tournament. The property is located just off the interstate and within walking distance to several chain restaurants including Cracker Barrel and Logan's Roadhouse. Check in was easy and the room had modern updates like the furniture, bedding and flooring. The overall feel of the hotel and rooms was clean and updated. There is a small pool to occupy the kids while you're there during warm months. I would stay here again.

They serve your average hotel breakfast in their small dining area, and if that doesn't suit your needs there is a Cracker Barrel that practically shares a parking lot with the hotel and there's a Waffle House across the street.

The only complaint I have is that they jacked up the hotel rates for this annual event which tends to leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth who participates.

Room Tip: I think any room here would be fine, but I tend to prefer higher rooms farthest away from the elevat...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Alicia W, agm at Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear CM4DELTA,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we appreciate our guests leaving us nice reviews! We strive to please all of our guests and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have a lot of dining options within walking distance to our hotel which makes it a great stop for tired guest that have been long hours on the road. As for our rates we keep them comparable to surrounding hotels and feel we still offer a great deal! We hope to see you and your family and friends again soon! And the greatest compliment would be to refer us to friends and family traveling to our area.

A.G.M.
Cullman Al
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This wasn't necessarily a bad place, but definitely overpriced. Needs some cosmetic renovation but was fairly clean. Not all the rooms have been updated. Service at check in was nice but the next morning wasn't. Had to wait ten minutes at front desk to request the breakfast be restocked. Then had to wait about five minutes at front desk to check out. Doubtful we would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Alicia W, A.G.M at Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Mrs. Barb,

We would like to thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are very displeased to see you were not satisfied with your recent stay with us. Regrettably when you stayed with us we were short staffed. We hope you can give us another chance when you travel back to our area. We try our best to please all of our guests, on your next visit we hope to exceed your expectations.

A.G.M.
Cullman AL
Louisville, KY
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stopped over here passing through on our way back from vacation. We didn't check in till 1230 am and left at 700am. The 3rd shift employee who helped us was very nice and made sure our visit was a positive one. The lobby was clean and updated and our room was also. We stayed in the king deluxe and enjoyed a comfortable bed. The breakfast was similar to other hotels nothing special but good enough to get a bite and hit the road

• Stayed July 2013
Donalsonvile
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We sayed one night in Cullman on our way to Nashville, YN. We wanted to see a couple of the local attractions. We travel with out pet and this hotel had good reviews on TripAdvisor, so we chose to saty here.
It was really nice. Loved the simpleness of the room and the walk-in shower was a real treat!
We would surely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia W, A.G.M at Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Don E,

We are very thankful to you for taking time out of your day to write a review on our hotel! We love to keep our guest happy and comfortable over night after long hours on the road. We hope you enjoyed visiting our town and hope you come back soon and bring friends and family.

Best regards,
Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman Al
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The computer was extremely slow and they didnt have a printer. The manager on duty was also very rude. The breakfast left a lot to be desired. Part of one of the muffins was missing...it looked like either someone bit it off and put it back in or a rat did it. I dont know which would be worse. Im never staying there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Rob A
Alicia W, Assistant Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Rob A,

I am very displeased to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We DO strive to please all of our guests. As for your issues with our breakfast bar I can assure you I am looking into this and it shall be corrected. I am also working on getting a better business center for the guest to use. I do hope you give us another chance and we will try are BEST to meet all your needs to make sure your stay is a pleasant one.

Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman Al
256-734-6166

Travelers are raving about these Cullman hotels

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The king suite was very nice. Loved being able to bring my dog. The breakfast bar was good, even has refrigerated coffee creamer and yogurt. The front desk accommodated my late checkout request. They were really nice I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2013
Alicia W, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you very for giving us a positive review. We are very happy to accept small pets at our hotel! Hop to see you again in the future.