“Smaller than some but a good place to stop”

Hampton Inn Cullman
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cullman
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Cullman is a fairly modest exit along I65 inAlabama. The Hampton Inn there reflects that in its size. The rooms are not quite as large as some in larger areas. The public areas are more compact. The breakfast room is par of the lobby with the desk clerk stationed off to the side. There is no indoor pool although an outdoor one is available in season. Other than those possibly bothersome issues, I would certainly recommend this Hampton as a good stop for travelers. It was clean, comfortable and served a good breakfast. The friendliness of the staff was outstanding. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I inadvertently clicked on the restaurant rating above and can not seem to change it. There is no r...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
hamptonality256, Manager at Hampton Inn Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for your response to your recent stay with us. We always welcome the responses as it allows us to improve were needed and shine in the areas that you liked. We strive to make every guest stay an awesome one and our goal is to provide that southern hospitality to each and every guest who walks in our doors. We will look forward to you staying with us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Cullman

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this propery in late December on my way to New Orleans. The hotel is nearing completion of a renovation project. Therefore, the lobby is a little in disarray and the breakfast area is temporary. I don't really care about any of that, but noted it. From the looks of things, the renovations will be completed very soon.

The room was normal Hampton quality - clean and comfortable. The room was large too, for what it is worth.

The big deal is the customer service. Very friendly at check-in. It hours after I checked out that they really shined. When I arrived in New Orleans, I realized I had left something at the Hampton in Cullman. I immediately called the hotel. They had already cleaned my room and did not have what I was looking for in their normal lost-found area. I had lost a piece of paper (I know, but I needed it). They took my number and said they would look again. They called back and told me they had gone through the garbage and found what I was looking for - WOW! That is above and beyond the call of duty.

I will stay here again, if ever needing a room in north Alabama. Many thanks to the staff there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
hamptonality256, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. We always welcome and appreciate our guest feedback. I am glad that we were able to find your missing note and get it returned to you. Our goal is to provide the best service possible. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

As Hampton Inns go, this was very nice. Yes, they were remodeling the lobby but good for them. The room was nice and the beds are always great. It was clean. Upon checking in the woman at the desk was very friendly. Later called the room to ask if everything was okay. I'd recommend this.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We picked up a book of discount Motels at a state rest area. We found this hotel with an advertised price of $78 per night so we stopped in for the night. The young lady there was very courteous and handled our transaction very nicely.
The rooms was a king and appeared clean with all linens in place and everything worked well. The nest morning we ate breakfast in their dinning room (came with the room). The meal was filling with the eggs and sausage and biscuits being what you would expect with a nights stay at a Motel.
Our check out was pleasant and we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Stop at state rest areas and always pick up the discount booklets and use these as it will usually s...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Slept good, have nice beds and that's important since I have a bad back. Flat screen TV, NICE SHOWER. Would stay here again. Recommend. Lady at front desk was very helpful in giving us printed directions to local places of interest. I will try to find out who makes their mattresses so we can buy one like it. No back pain this morning. Stay here and you will not be disappointed. !!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
hamptonality256, Manager at Hampton Inn Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future. Our beds are serta mattress and you can contact a serta rep in your area or log onto hamptonhomecollection.com and place an order.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here one night for business and the hotel was being remodeled but it did not cause me any problems. It's good I see a hotel keeping up with the times. my room was clean and fresh smelling. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Hampton Inn, in (no pun intended) Cullman, AL is an above average "off the interstate" stay. Although under construction, the staff was very kind to help my group maneuver around the lobby area, and showing us where the temporary breakfast area was. The bed and shower were nice, as I was very comfortable in my bed, and I also thought the shower was better than some other "off the interstate" hotel. For a group or solo trip, I recommend this hotel, preferably after the lobby construction.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jhartley314
hamptonality256, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

We appreciate your feedback and understanding during our renovations. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.