All reviewslooked cleanan older hotelwould stay againoutdoor poolgreat roomal
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We booked this hotel with 12 other families for a 9 and under baseball tournament. My husband called twice before we arrived: once to reserve and said they were rude; and again to make sure we had a non-smoking room and said they were rude. Regardless we were excited about the pool and pictures posted on the Website. We got there late on June 17th. When we pulled into the parking lot it looked like a trucker hotel. There were tractor trailer trucks EVERYWHERE! Men were standing around in the parking lot. Not very "family friendly". We checked in anyway (we were the first of our party to arrive.) The air was not on in the room so it was hot and stuffy. The fridge was unplugged and had mold growing everywhere on the inside. No caffeinated coffee, no iron, only a bottle of shampoo (no conditioner or lotion as seen in their photos or found in most hotels) and two bars of soap. There was hair in the shower. We noticed the pool was low and a waterhose was running to it. The next day we found out the pool was closed. Not what we expected for 12 kids who were looking forward to swimming in between games and their parents! They should have a disclaimer on the Website to warn parents who are looking for a hotel with a POOL IN THE SUMMER! When one of the father's tried to cancel the block of rooms due to the above conditions he was given a hard time. They finally backed off when he explained that their hotel was not truly represented on the Website. Go to exit 310 for a variety of hotels that are much nicer! That's what we did! Thank you Quality Inn!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2008

I was annoyed when we checked in because for some reason I didn't put that I had two little ones. I probably got distracted when making the reservation. we got there after midnight and the lady said because I didn't put my kiddos in the reservation they didn't get the free breakfast. We had reserved three nights.
The room was very clean. Nice big leather recliner. Microwave and Fridge.
The next day the waitress took care of my kids breakfast and the man at the desk fixed my error. They were great!!
After one night and one day of being there my girls and I either caught the flu or had food poisoning (didn't have anything to do with hotel) and were stuck the rest of the stay sick. The housekeeper "Mary" was wonderful about keeping us stocked with linens to change the bed. She checked in on us to make sure we had everything we needed and even gave us our own can of lysol. Hahaha.....
Most all of the staff was esceptionally friendly and helpful.
She also made time to run over to our car when our stay was over and say goodbye to the girls.

They treated us wonderful even though we made more work for them. I would stay there again!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 23, 2008

My stay at the Days Inn Cullman was nice. The room was clean, smelled nice and was in a convenient location to I-65. Of everything that caught my attention about my stay, it was the lady who checked me in. Although the man in front of me was met with a smile, and given directions to the local walmart....I was attended by a different person who never once smiled...she never even told me where my room was located (we had to look for it) After a trip around the building the wrong way, I finally figured it out. She never thanked me, in fact she seemed to scold me that I'd admitted that I had a pet with me so that I could pay the pet fee. She snapped at me telling me that I'd have to pay a pet fee...well I already knew that, that was the reason I mentioned it. It just seemed that I caught the short end of the deal, and who knows maybe the lady was having a bad day. But I have glowing reviews for the other lady working the front desk on June 20, 2008...she was still drawing maps for her customer as I walked out the door with a room key in search of my room.

Over all my stay was nice, and luckily I didn't encounter the lady at check in anymore. So if you check in at Days Inn Cullman and someone seems a little sour...think of this review and know it isn't just you....it happened to me too.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed April 2, 2006

Made reservation through the central toll free number. Requested non-smoking with a roll away. Arrived 10:30 pm. Inquired about roll away and was told it "might" be in room. Room was smoking and there was no rollaway. (No roll aways were available and was told just because you request one doesn't mean you will get it.) Granddaughter had RSV so smoke is extremely dangerous for her. Was told I could drive to a Walmart to get deodorizer for room or get money back but there were no rooms available for miles. Besides reeking of smoke, there were cigarette burns in bedding, a yellow liquid on night stand and coffee pot had old coffee in it. It rained during the night and water was standing in bathroom and carpets had wet spots on them in the morning. Employees from desk clerk to assistant manager were rude. Desk clerk even hung up on me.

• Stayed: March 2006
7  Thank Watkinsfan
Reviewed October 29, 2005

The room was clean. The fridge was not plugged in to the outlet. There were long hairs on the drain in the bathtub. The free breakfast was good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall it was pretty nice for the price.

• Stayed: October 2005