“Wonderful breakfast is gone - no longer worth it”
Review of Days Inn Cullman

Days Inn Cullman
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Cullman
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have stayed at this place twice a year for 6 or 7 years now when we competed in a dog agility event nearby. It was recommended to me by a fellow competitor the first time I went, and I have recommended it to others for only one reason: the wonderful hot breakfast they included in the room price. Bacon or sausage, eggs to order and toast on Saturday, pancakes and sausage on Sunday. Many of us, 30-40, I'd guess, stayed there twice a year and looked forward to the breakfast.
To the horror of myself and others, I checked in Friday and was told they no longer offrered the breakfast, just had "continental".
There are plenty of similarly priced places nearer the event we go there for, so this will be my last stay with them. There have been problems and annoyances over the years, but the breakfast made it worth overlooking them: dirty walls, noisey parking lot, polluted stream along side the narrow stip of grass where we're expected to walk the dogs, wakeup calls that didn't come, making us late, room keys that quit working 3 times in one weekend, forcing me to schlep to the front desk with dogs in tow at 5:30 am and have to yell to get somone to the desk to help me. Now that the breakfast is gone, it's just not worth it. Go north a mile - there are several hotels at the next exit, closer to resturants and everything else you may want.

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed November 14, 2010

This is an older motel - highway side place to stay. Outdoor cooridors with car next to room parking available. Pool in center court yard.
The motel is OLDER and has been renovated. Poolside rooms are most likey best for families. There are a lot of working guys here passing through (truckers etc) - but seemed quiet the night I stayed there.
The rooms are older but really really clean. The bathroom tiles were spotless and mold-free. I was here in winter and not sure if pool was working (like other posts complained about) - it was closed for season - but looked nice and well taken care of. The lobby is nice (new) and had business center and free HOT Breakfast (cooked to order)!
WIFI is slow though!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I never forget this motel whenever i came through that way a want to came here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I can not say how nice this DAYS INN Motel was. I stayed 3 days there but I feel like it was my own house. The front desk clerks, housekeeper, and every employees were very friendly to me. It was a very nice location and very good atmosphere. very quit area, I got very nice sleep every day there. the price was very nice so cheap. $50 for 2 beds with hot breakfast, breakfast was delicious. Room was very clean. it had hairdryer, coffee maker , microwave, t.v, and swimming pool. You can not get like facilities in 50 dollars. Swimming pool was very big and room had a high speed internet. I very enjoyed my self there. I don't think I would enjoy my self better than in any another motel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We booked this hotel with 12 other families for a 9 and under baseball tournament. My husband called twice before we arrived: once to reserve and said they were rude; and again to make sure we had a non-smoking room and said they were rude. Regardless we were excited about the pool and pictures posted on the Website. We got there late on June 17th. When we pulled into the parking lot it looked like a trucker hotel. There were tractor trailer trucks EVERYWHERE! Men were standing around in the parking lot. Not very "family friendly". We checked in anyway (we were the first of our party to arrive.) The air was not on in the room so it was hot and stuffy. The fridge was unplugged and had mold growing everywhere on the inside. No caffeinated coffee, no iron, only a bottle of shampoo (no conditioner or lotion as seen in their photos or found in most hotels) and two bars of soap. There was hair in the shower. We noticed the pool was low and a waterhose was running to it. The next day we found out the pool was closed. Not what we expected for 12 kids who were looking forward to swimming in between games and their parents! They should have a disclaimer on the Website to warn parents who are looking for a hotel with a POOL IN THE SUMMER! When one of the father's tried to cancel the block of rooms due to the above conditions he was given a hard time. They finally backed off when he explained that their hotel was not truly represented on the Website. Go to exit 310 for a variety of hotels that are much nicer! That's what we did! Thank you Quality Inn!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2008

I was annoyed when we checked in because for some reason I didn't put that I had two little ones. I probably got distracted when making the reservation. we got there after midnight and the lady said because I didn't put my kiddos in the reservation they didn't get the free breakfast. We had reserved three nights.
The room was very clean. Nice big leather recliner. Microwave and Fridge.
The next day the waitress took care of my kids breakfast and the man at the desk fixed my error. They were great!!
After one night and one day of being there my girls and I either caught the flu or had food poisoning (didn't have anything to do with hotel) and were stuck the rest of the stay sick. The housekeeper "Mary" was wonderful about keeping us stocked with linens to change the bed. She checked in on us to make sure we had everything we needed and even gave us our own can of lysol. Hahaha.....
Most all of the staff was esceptionally friendly and helpful.
She also made time to run over to our car when our stay was over and say goodbye to the girls.

They treated us wonderful even though we made more work for them. I would stay there again!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 23, 2008

My stay at the Days Inn Cullman was nice. The room was clean, smelled nice and was in a convenient location to I-65. Of everything that caught my attention about my stay, it was the lady who checked me in. Although the man in front of me was met with a smile, and given directions to the local walmart....I was attended by a different person who never once smiled...she never even told me where my room was located (we had to look for it) After a trip around the building the wrong way, I finally figured it out. She never thanked me, in fact she seemed to scold me that I'd admitted that I had a pet with me so that I could pay the pet fee. She snapped at me telling me that I'd have to pay a pet fee...well I already knew that, that was the reason I mentioned it. It just seemed that I caught the short end of the deal, and who knows maybe the lady was having a bad day. But I have glowing reviews for the other lady working the front desk on June 20, 2008...she was still drawing maps for her customer as I walked out the door with a room key in search of my room.

Over all my stay was nice, and luckily I didn't encounter the lady at check in anymore. So if you check in at Days Inn Cullman and someone seems a little sour...think of this review and know it isn't just you....it happened to me too.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple