“great room!”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cullman
albany, ga, United States
“great room!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

motel very well maintained, could not find a single thing in room that was not in tip top shape. One tip to hotels, when it is cold outside, we could use a blanket. That way we need not run the heater all night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rachel W, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Fairwinds Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Hello David H,

Thank you so much for giving us a review about your stay. I am so glad that is was up to your standards in every aspect! I will tell the housekeeping staff and front desk staff good job and keep it up! I would like to let you know that we do have blankets on the beds, they are just hidden under the top sheet. This technique is called triple sheeting and is the new trend that most hotels are switching over to because it is cleaner and looks more neat. We hope to see you back here again soon.

Rachel Warren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
laporte, United States
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The breakfast bar was terrible, cold eggs, very hard biscuits, (couldn't cut with supplied knife), no sausage, The poor lighting at the sink in the room was flickering and took a half hour to fully light up. The unprofessional looking and acting desk staff coupled with the poor food made me think I greatly over paid for my stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Mark K
Hello Mark K,

I give my most sincere apology that you did not enjoy your stay. The issues that you described are not normal in our hotel. After reading your review we have been doing surprise check ups on the breakfast to make sure it is fresh as it should be every day and usually is. It is also a surprise to hear that you thought our staff was acting unprofessionally. I did have a meeting with the person who was on staff about this review. We pride ourselves on being very professional and having the best customer service possible and I am sorry that you did not get to see that. I hope that you will come back and give us one more chance so we can show you our excellent customer service.

Greenville, Ohio
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have had poor experience with the Best Western chain, but we decided to take a chance with this one because it accepted pets. It is an older facility with outside corridors. There have been renovations made to the units. The beds are comfortable and clean. We did notice that the carpets had quite a bit of lint on them as though the housekeeper might have been called away and failed to return complete vacuuming the room. There is a breakfast which is helpful. The clerk we had at check in was efficient and personable. We would recommend this motel.

Room Tip: It appears they put guests with pets on the second floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gmet47
Rachel W, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Fairwinds Inn, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hello gmet47,

Thank you for taking your time to do a review on our hotel about your stay. I apologize that there was lint left on the carpet. That is not an issue that is characteristic of our housekeeping staff. I did have a meeting with the head housekeeper to see if it was a vacuum problem and indeed it was. We had to repair their vacuum and it is no longer leaving behind lint. Thank you for letting us know of this issue so that we could address it immediately. It is pleasant to see that you did find the beds, breakfast, and staff to be to your liking. We would also like to thank you for recommending us to your friends and family, that means a lot coming from an experienced traveler such as yourself. We hope to see you again soon.

Detroit, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Zachary made sure that I downloaded the Apps necessary to receive emergency weather information for a severe storm coming our way. The hotel is right off of I-65 so it is easy to find. You can make your own waffles for breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Charles J
Hello Charles J,

Thank you for such an amazing review and your compliment to Zachary. We do very much value his knowledge and love for our hotel and guests. All of our employees try to show our guests what true southern hospitality is. It's so nice to hear that you felt safe and alert to any warnings that may have came up for the storm. I'm also glad you enjoyed making your own Belgian waffle complete with toppings such as strawberry syrup and powdered sugar. We hope that you will stop back by again soon.

Lexington
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Found this hotel on the internet and I am glad I stayed here. I had a clean, nice room with speedy internet. I enjoyed the breakfast, especially the fresh coffee. Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank James C
Rachel W, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Fairwinds Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Hello James C,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Cullman! I am so glad that
you found our hotel on the internet. Thank you so much for your compliments to all the
staff for being friendly, our free wireless internet, and our free deluxe continental breakfast!
All of us here at the Best Western Fairwinds Inn really do appreciate your feedback and take
it to heart. We hope you will come and stay with us again soon. We also would like to wish Happy Holidays!

Lillian, Alabama
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We arrived late evening and were greeted with a smile and very professional young lady. The room was clean, neat, and attractive. Located near the interstate with many eating establishments in close proximity. Breakfast consisted of coffee, waffles, danishes, muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, hot cereals, bagels, toast, and a variety of spreads and syrups. Very satisfying. The room was nice for the price, oversized with king bed (comfortable!) and a sofa for watching the football game. Staff kept our room tidy, managed to sneak in when we ducked out, made the bed, freshened the towels each day. Would definitely return, and would highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, and heard very little outside noise (once I heard a car door slam) and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rachel W, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Fairwinds Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Hello 6SueB0,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. It brightens my day seeing that you had such a wonderful experience while you were here. Our staff sees and treats our guests like family and wants our guests to feel most welcome and comfortable while here. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our breakfast which has a variety fit for everyone. I have shown your review to the housekeeping staff and they appreciate your compliment very much. Here at Best Western Fairwinds Inn you will always be staying with people who care! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I had no complaints. It was clean and with no odors. Located right off the interstate near restaurants Everything was great. No complaints.The whole staff was very friendly and accommadating. I will stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rachel W, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Fairwinds Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Hello,

I love the title of your review. We are so glad that you were a "happy camper" during your stay with us. We try our best to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable experience at a good value. We very much appreciate your willingness to recommend us to your friends and family! We hope that you have safe travels and hope to see youagain soon.