“Better than I was expecting!”

Best Western Fairwinds Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cullman
Hamilton, Ohio
“Better than I was expecting!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Well, with the bed bug epidemic, I was very nervous to stay at a hotel that I was unfamiliar with. I called 2 weeks ahead & spoke to a desk person by the name of Racheal. I explained my concern to her & when our conversation was finished, I no longer had a concern about staying at this hotel.

Upon arrival, we found the room to be much nicer than we anticipated. The room was VERY clean, thank you to the cleaning staff! The bathroom was very nice, the beds very comfortable and the carpets are clean!

My one & only complaint would be the kitchen/breakfast area. It was very dated, small & not very well stocked. Next time, we will just eat at Cracker Barrel right down the street.

Again, my thanks to Rachael, the front desk person. You do a great job at making your guests feel comfortable & welcomed to your hotel, I hope the owner(s) recognizes your contribution to their business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rachel W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Fairwinds Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Hello Penguin2634,

I am glad to hear that I made you feel more at ease, and comfortable while you were here!
The owners do recognize my and all of our staffs dedication to the hotel. We are like one big
family here. Thank you for your compliments to me, and the housekeeping staff, I will be sure to let them know they got a great review! I apologize the breakfast was not stocked very well when you came to eat, I will bring this up to the breakfast staff and make sure that is stays stocked properly. I hope the next time you come by you will give our breakfast one more chance! I know that our breakfast room is not as spacious as we would like it to be. We are in the process of updating our breakfast room right now, we just painted it and now the next steps are to refinish the cabinets and get new chairs. Thank you for taking your time to write a review about us! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Cullman!

Rachel Warren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We checked in late and was greeted and accomodated by a very friendly clerk. Everything was very clean and our overall experience was wonderful. We slept well and received a good hot breakfast the following morning. We plan to stay again when passing through. Best Western is a wonderful Hotel!

• Stayed September 2012
Rachel W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Fairwinds Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Hello Fundayz651,

It warms my heart to see that truely enjoyed your stay here with us! That is our ultimate
goal to make you feel like you are at your second home. We look forward to your next visit with us here in good ole Cullman, Alabama.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This Best Western is average clean good staff fair breakfast. I found the beds a littel hard, overall I would not tell you not to stay, on the other side of the coin I have stayed in a lot worst places.

Room Tip: They seem to be equale, I like to be down stairs
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Rachel W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Fairwinds Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Hello Legwarmer,

I am glad that you decided to stay with us while you were in Cullman. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. We work very hard to improve everyday and take in the feed back from our guests. I would like to say thank you for your compliment to our staff. Our mattresses are pretty new so some people do think that they are a little more firm, but not hard. I hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are in the area! Thank you for taking the time to let us know your opinion.

Huntsville
Reviewed May 26, 2012

No complaints, wonderful service! Check in went smoothly, friendly staff! Breakfast each morning was great, plenty to choose from.
Rooms were clean! Beds and pillows were very comfortable! The cleaning staff was generous in making sure that our beds were made back each day, hotel room garbage pails refreshed, and plenty of towels and soap/shampoo on hand.
The pool was nice! Very clean!!
Having all the popular restaurants (Cracker Barrel, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Backyard Burgers, Subway, Burger King, Waffle House) close by was really nice! I never had to worry with going too far to feed the family. Gas stations close by was a plus as well!
Thank you for a pleasant stay! We look forward in using Best Western again in the near future!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Our check-in at the Best Western Fairwinds hotel in Cullman, AL, was by far the best check-in we've ever had. Rachel Warren, the front desk manager, was pleasant, courteous, and efficient in the check-in process. We were tired from traveling all day and when we checked in, she had everything ready for us and even gave us a complimentary snack and bottled water to help unwind in our room. The room was clean and the rest of the staff was friendly and helpful. We will return to this hotel when we are in the area again and will recommend it to friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground level floor. You can pull your vehicle up to the sidewalk and shuffle...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rachel W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Fairwinds Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Hello Michael,

WOW is all I can say! To say you had the best check-in you have ever had here at our hotel is the ultimate compliment. I am glad after a long day of traveling you were able to unwind and relax. Thank you so much for the compliments and the review. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Cullman.

Mohawk, Michigan
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Excelent stay,the room was very clean and the staff was very helpful an overall great experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rachel W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Fairwinds Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Hello James,

I am so happy you found our hotel to be very clean, and our staff to be helpful. Everyday we
try to improve on our service so we can better satisfy our guest. Thank you for taking your time and letting us know how we are doing. We hope to see you stop in on your trip back to Florida.

Jasper, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Our son and the rest of his baseball team and their parents stayed here for a local tournament and the staff here was very accomodating. The rooms were clean and we appreciated the nice flat screen tv and the complimentary breakfast. The front desk manager called the night before to see how many of the boys were eating breakfast to be sure the food wouldn't run out. There was plenty but I would have liked to see more fresh fruit available. I would definately stay here again if we play in Cullman in the future.

Room Tip: This hotel is popular with ball teams so try to stay away from the stairwells
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Rachel W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Fairwinds Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Hello Val,

We are so happy that your team decided to stay with us and had a pleasant stay! We always try to take very good care of our guests when they are here by showing good old fashion southern hospitality. Thank you for giving us such a wonderful review, and glad to see you enjoyed our new 37 inch flat screen TVs. We will be sure to have more fresh fruit available. We will be looking forward to seeing you next year.