“Very Clean Hotel!!”

Holiday Inn Express Cullman
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cullman
Reviewed August 18, 2013

If you are getting a GPS pin will be difficult.Must call and ask for directions.Stayed for one Night.Like Always this Hotel Chain keep their Hotels Neat.Hotel is having a lift off and there are some cosmetics UN-finish spots but a not big deal.Breakfast could be better.Front Desk Clerk was very Courteous

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We appreciate you letting other travelers know about your experience with us. We are very excited about the renovations to our hotel. This is being done in stages to accommodate our guests, and we are looking forward to sharing our new look! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We picked up our son at SIUC and Cullman is about halfway to Destin. The Holiday Inn Express in Cullman was clean and reasonably priced. The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was great. The woman in charge of the breakfast ran the room like a mother runs her kitchen; always asking if there was anything that she could do for us and offering to help if we wanted to take something with us. After we left, we discovered that we had left a shirt hanging in the closet. We stopped a week later on the way back and it had been turned in to Lost and Found. We got the shirt back and were on our way in a few minutes.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark E
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for being a guest at our hotel, and for your review! I'm so glad that we were able to make your visit with us a great one. I will be sure to pass your comments along to our staff. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel room itself was very nice - good spacious rooms, clean bathrooms, comfortable bed. The breakfast bar was more than adequate with a wide selection of morning fare.

The service, though, was badly in need of some basic training. Each time we asked for help we were met with a blank stare, or worse. Joyce and Steve (?) obviously did not want to be bothered. They were on the night shift and each time we saw them, they were either eating ice cream, playing on the computer or watching television.

The day shift folks were more than happy to help and oblige; they were a joy to talk with and very appreciate.

I want to rank this property higher as the rooms were very nice; the staff leave a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. While I appreciate knowing that you enjoyed your space, I am extremely disappointed in the impression that some of my staff made on you. This is not the experience I want our guests to have. Please know that I am using your comments to work with both clerks one on one and I will be keeping a very watchful eye on both of them to insure that other guests do not have this same kind of experience. I cannot fix what I do not know is broken, so I am so very appreciative that you have brought this to my attention. If you have any other comments about your stay, I would love to hear them. Please email me directly at hieca@hotmail.com. I too wish that you could have rated our hotel higher. I certainly invite you to visit us again so that we can make your next visit sparkle!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were here for an airplane contest. This place was great! Great staff. Great Breakfast. Clean Pool. The internet kept kicking me off but it wasn't a big deal. The only problem I had was with kids who were staying there that were on a ball team. I have an 8yr old and 5yr old and these boys were rough housing in pool all around my kids (which could have been a dangerous situation) Their parents didn't seem to care. My kids were literally sitting on the steps staying out of the way and they literally were still hoping over them and running into them. When we said something to a dad he completely ignored us. Very arrogant. At that time, this boy and his dad left so we didn't need to go to manager. It really made me angry. Most of the people from this ball team were kind but this family was not.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! Even though some of your fellow travelers were not very respectful, I'm so glad that you were able to relax and enjoy your time with us. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were traveling to South Mississippi to visit relatives, and due to a family medical emergency, had to change our plans while we were already on the road. We stopped in Cullman, AL at the Holiday Inn Express to find out about switching our reservations to a hotel near the hospital in the New Orleans area. Beth Green and other staff members went out of their way to help us change the reservations. We didn't have the pleasure of staying with that wonderfully helpful staff, but we surely will if we ever need accomodations while in that area. Thanks, ladies!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Reading about the way that my staff went out of the way to help you makes me very proud! This is the kind of service that we strive to give each and every person who walks through our door. I will share your comments with Beth and the rest of the staff to let them know what a great job they've done. I wish you the very best and hope that you will come back to see us when you can visit a while!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here just last year and were happy, the room was clean and the the service was good. You can always count on things to change.
I was disappointed in the cleanliness, wear in the bath room( tub had yellow stains on the bottom) the lack of attention to basic bath items, like washcloths, Kleenex was not replaced for two days ( I had to go downstairs and ask for them and I had to go retrieve the washcloths and towel while my husband waited in the shower!
When I commented to the night manager I was told that they were very busy and housekeeping was doing the best they could.
This response is NOT acceptable for the price we paid.
On the up side the staff in the breakfast room was very friendly, helpful and delightful to talk to.
The next trip visiting relative will not be spent here.
If you do stay here make sure you request a room away from the lights below the breakfast area. The lights stay on all night..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. In reading your comments, it looks like we failed to deliver the kind of service you have come to expect from our hotel. This is not the experience I want our guests to have. Please know that I have shared your comments with my staff and we are taking action to see that the problems you mentioned are corrected. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention! We wish you the very best!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Nice hotel overall, well managed and professional staff. Older Holiday Inn Express that is probably due a new renovation. There were a couple eye soars in my room because the bathroom handle in the shower had a bad fiberglass fix job and the towel hanger wasn't level. Also the bathroom tub took forever to drain. I didn't pay for this stay as a work colleague of mine did instead, but here they are high. I usually stay at the Comfort Suites here since I have a better discount with them. Comparing this hotel to other Holiday Inn Express's of this caliber I'd say the rate should be in the $75 to $90 range, but like I said not exactly sure what their actual rate is, but based on other reviews it is much higher.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wofiii
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! It is interesting that you mentioned a renovation because this is the year for us! We are renovating our hotel in stages throughout this year - floor to rafters. Our entire property will have a fresh new look this time next year. We are very excited about this and want only the best for our guests. Thank you again and we wish you the very best!