“Kind and Caring employees” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Cullman

Holiday Inn Express Cullman
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cullman
Puerto Morelos, Mexico
“Kind and Caring employees”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

I live in Mexico and was visiting family in Birmingham. My Brother in law had a heart attack on the highway between Huntsville and Cullman.
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while he was hospitalized at Cullman Regional Medical Center. The people that work there are amazing. They found out what had happened and not one but all the employees tried to make us as comfortable as possible.They asked about our situation and showed that they really cared.
My brother in law passed away.
Many situations I had while being in Alabama, I experienced employees that were not helpfull and appeared to not care about their jobs or their clients. This was an extreme exception and we appreciated it.
Holiday Inn Express is lucky to have these types of employees.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank yorkcarrollr
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. While I hate the circumstances that brought you to our hotel, I am so glad that we could take care of you during your time of loss. God bless, Michelle Choisser, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
HOWE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

Close to the interstate, however, very quiet as the I65 is somehow hidden below. Rooms are clean, some updating needed (TV). Breakfast area is large and breakfast is good. Beds are comfortable. Good choice.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HoweDZZY
chicago, il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

Stayed here for one night on a trip from Chicago to FL. Hotel location was very quiet but convenient to the highway. Arrived with a reservation about 9:30pm. Desk clerk was very pleasant. They had king size down pillows waiting in my room. Mattresses were very comfortable and pillows were great. Room had a fridge which was nice. Bathroom was updated with a nice shower and good amenities. Very pleased overall and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank lifesabeach4me
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

I stayed at this hotel beginning March 2, 2010 and was supposed to be there until March 6, 2010. I ended up checking out early because the Internet Service was either not working, or working sporadically.

I own my management consulting and training business and depend on being able to connect to the internet for e-mail and research. During this trip, after working long hours at my clients facility, I ended up working longer hours in my hotel room just trying to connect. One night, I spent almost 2 hours speaking to the ISP's service rep, while they read a troubleshooting script, which didn't work. When I complained to the hotel's manager, she complained to be about not being able to get anyone in to fix their inferior equipment and then complained about losing her money for an Internet training course for which she had registered - because her hotel's Internet connection was so bad.

The Holiday Inn hotel chain advertises their Hospitality Promise: If any part of your stay is not satisfactory, they promise to make it right or you won't pay for that part of your stay.

I filed a formal complaint with the Holiday Inn Guest Relations department website and by phone. I asked for a refund - they offered me 10,000 points instead, which I haven't seen in my account, nor have I seen my regular points for my stay there.

So, to me, the Hospitality Promise is a joke. I will never stay at this hotel again. I will continue to tell people about my terrible experience there and with Holiday Inn Guest Relations. I recommend to my client company that they remove this hotel from their preferred list. I will continue to fight for my refund. And, I'll start staying at the Marriott Courtyard - they give points too...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank FrequentTravelerMI6
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this review, March 31, 2010
Traveler reviews can be a very valuable tool. In this case, however, I feel that some clarification is in order. The bones of this complaint are true. We did have a piece of equipment fail and our internet service was sporadic for a couple of days. As soon as I realized I had a problem, I called our repair people out immediately. They did some troubleshooting and finally got the problem fixed. I did not know this guest was having connection problems until the last night of his stay. I called him personally to apologize for the problem and to let him know what I was doing to fix the problem. I told him that I understood how important internet was in this day and age. I'm not exactly sure how that translates into complaining.
He demanded not to have to pay for his stay. I offered to meet him half way and charge him half rate, which I felt was reasonable. He declined, said he would deal with corporate, and hung up on me.
I look at every complaint as an opportunity to improve our service. I am very sorry that this guest had a problem. I did the very best I could to correct the problem and compensate the guest.
Tallahassee, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

I travel monthly in my work, so I've aquired some hotel savvy. This hotel is among the very best I've ever encountered. From the moment I walked in the door through check out following a two-day stay, I felt like a valued guest. My room was spacious and clean, the staff was friendly and knowledgable, the desk kept fresh coffee and cookies available, and the cleaning staff was concerned with my needs. The location is excellent, close to lots of food choices, some within walking distance. I guess I was most impressed when late in the afternoon traveling bus loads of teens and preteens checked in and they were...well, being kids. I was dismayed. When I reached my room, I found a letter signed by the manager had been slipped under my door, warning that the kids were staying overnight, advising that their parents had been warned to keep order, and asking that any problems be reported. By 9PM, all was quiet. I went down for some of that fresh coffee and saw that one of the meetings rooms had been turned into a mini-theater and lots of kids were sitting quietly watching a movie. Wonferful hotel. This manager knows how to run a ship-shape operation. I highly recommend that you stay here and enjoy!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Bustraveler56
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

We originally booked for two nights in the Best Western Fairwinds Inn and after a frist night there we left and booked in here.

The review off the other hotel is on Tripadvisor and the Holiday Inn hotel is also easy to locate off the freeway and conveniently placed next to many gas stations, a Waffle House, and is only a five minute drive to Cullman with its pretty downtown, good-quality All Steak restaurant and pleasant Berkely Bob's coffee shop.

This hotel is great. The room is absolutely clean and looks new. The bed was great, very comfortable and the amenities were perfect. We used the two internet points at reception, the continental breakfast was the usual decent slightly boring fare but it was clean and plentiful. We did not use the interior swimming pool.

The staff here are fantastic. They were very kind, funny, very engaging and very helfpul. We checked in at 10am and were given a room straight away together with a welcome pack of water, energy bar and candy.

One thing to know about Cullman for the unitiated is that it is a dry county and so if you want an evening drink, pick it up about 45 minutes away on the Interstate.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

Stayed overnight on the road, was convenient location. Restaurant options: Cracker Barrel and Ruby Tuesday just off interstate, we tried the local All Steak restaurant (located nearby on 4th floor of Cullman Bank building downtown) and it was very good Southern cooking. Hotel was very nice condition for 7 years old, looked new, nice landscaping and maintenance. Had king room with whirlpool, was huge since it was handicapped room but nicely furnished. Tried the indoor pool but it was too chilly so used the whirlpool for a nice hot soak. Bed very comfortable, very nice quality sheets and pillows. Breakfast room was large with very good, plentiful food options including hot biscuits, sausage, gravy and scrambled eggs & a small refrigerator with milks, yogurts and hardboiled eggs. Excellent quality! Price is a more than other hotels, but we used Priority Club points.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cullman
Hampton Inn Cullman
#7 of 10 in Cullman
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#12 of 18 in Decatur

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cullman? Share your experiences!