“very nice surprise on a busy friday night”

Comfort Suites Cullman
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cullman
Winfield, Alabama
“very nice surprise on a busy friday night”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

usually stay at Hampton,,but they were booked,,so we chose comfort suites...staff was extra friendly at check in...got one of the last rooms...a king with pull out.. room was roomy and very clean.. got a good nights sleep..hot breakfast was fair... rated average because of the noise problem in early morning... plumbing and water noise very bad when people up stairs used the bathroom or shower or sink.. sounded like a plane taking off..glad it was not late at night or too early in morning.. could also hear those above us walking.....but overall,,a nice place to stay,,but probably too costly for what you get...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank john h
Kevin H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Cullman, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
The staff and I really appreciate when someone takes the time and gives a review that we can learn from. Do not get me wrong but we use them for training, performance, and to ensure we all at the hotel are doing things correctly. I am sorry you did have a few things go on, but with a full house as it was with everyone you have a bit of noise or so. We are glad you stayed and look forward to hopefully having you back again. Thanks again for all you wrote. From the staff and I, we appreciate you making us "Your Home Away From Home!"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We picked this hotel as a stop on the way to Florida. The area had some interesting shrines we stayed to visit. I thought this hotel must be new judging from its appearance. It is actually five years old. The place smelled fresh. Very clean, very quiet, very comfortable. Breakfast was good. The Kids enjoyed the pool. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wow, it's guest like you that enjoy so much that the area and hotel offer that we love. I know spending time with family is important and we appreciate the time you took to fill out the review. What kind words you said about the appearance and the feel of the whole stay. The staff is pleased you enjoyed your stay as it represents they are doing their job correctly in seeing your stay is a pleasant and joyful one. From the staff and I, Thank you for choosing us as "Your Home Away From Home!'
ALABAMA
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Once again I am very pleased with my stay.we were here for the Al. State Swim Meet,even though I only live one hour from here I will always choose to stay here. The manager Kevin Hudson once again went above and beyond to make our stay a great one. Freshly made tea and lemonade, snacks, breakfast everything was perfect. I recommended this hotel to our team and they too were very pleased. We will definitely stay here again and I will recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable, clean, friendly place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Once again, we want to thank for returning and taking teh time to fill out a review. I know with these teams that come in, its rush rush go go. We appreciate the things you said, know you will be back as we look forward to it. Thanks again for all the kind words to you team and other guest at the hotel for the job we do is to take of them.
Douglas, GA
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here for the first time last week and it was a nice hotel. I've stayed at others in Cullman on previous trips and this one is the best, but it is on the upper end of the price range for Cullman. You can't go wrong with this hotel if the price works for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We would like to thank you for taking the time and writing the review for the hotel. The staff here is always looking to ensure they do things right. We are glad you was pleased and look forward for you coming back. Thank you from the staff and I for making it "Your Home Away From Home!"
Gardendale, Alabama
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I highly reccomend staying at this hotel. We have a family reunion in the area every year and this was our first time staying at this hotel and weren't sure what to expect. PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. No traffic noise, super clean and I can't say enough about how nice the staff were to us during our stay.Crystal and Kevin were helpful on the phone when we made reservations and when we checked in, Phillip answered any question we had and went the extra mile to assure that our stay was as comfortable as possible.The rooms are clean and rather large, with a sitting area separate from the desk/work space.There were even refeshments set out in the afternoon. There are several restraurants and fast food places in the area. It's a jewel located just off I-65 exit 310 in Cullman. We will definitely stay there again and I HIGHLY reccomend it. It's as close to feeling at home as I've ever felt while traveling. Southern Hospitality at it's finest.
You will not be disapointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Cullman, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Wow, thank you for taking the time and writing such a great review and truly it is just great that we did all this and yes we want you to be part of our family as we say "It's your home away from home!" We know that if we can take care of the needs of our guest and yet show our southern charm then we have achieve the return factor. We love having guest come back and back again. This great review tells me we are doing our jobs and insuring you will be back. From all of us at the Hotel, We are greatly thankful and appreciate the kind words . We look forward to having you back for any of your travel and accommodation need. Thank you again!
Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. The front desk staff was friendly. My room was clean. The bed was comfortable. There was a sitting area with a couch in the room. Microwave, refrigerator, and coffee pot in the room. Another Choice hotel with the charging portal for all of my electronic stuff.

It was quiet. No rampaging rednecks running up and down the hallway. No complaints here. They definitely deserve their Gold Award from Choice.

Cracker Barrel, Logan's Roadhouse, fast food, and gas stations all nearby. Easy access to I-65, and easy access to Cullman.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for us. And thank you for all your kindness, as the employees and I look forward to these reviews to ensure we are doing all we can to take care of the guest. We are so glad it was a quite stay and you noticed our gold award that we love to show off. Thank you again for staying and we would love for you to come back. From the staff and management, We THank You!
Frontenac, Kansas
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I had driven over 12 hours, when we arrived at this property. Upon check in, I gave the clerk my choice member card (gold level) and he immediately acknowledged this and thanked me for staying with them. He was friendly and said they had a special discount for the gold members which I absolutely loved. From there, he handed me colorful sacks for all 4 of us which included a bottle of water, crackers and several pieces of candy. This was the first property that had done this so I was shocked. Oh, did I mention the automatic room upgrade we were given without asking for it!! Awesome. The room was large, clean and looked brand new. The carpets were spotless and the hotel had a clean fresh smell. The hotel grounds were immaculate and very well landscaped. Breakfast was very good and fresh with a large selection to pick from. This hotel is truly a GOLD property. Will stay here again when in Alabama.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine-this is a very clean property.