1,860 results
All reviews great view of the beach three star tapioca boa viagem reception staff the breakfast area would stay again double bed location is excellent rooms are spacious airport bia fernando
Selected filters
Reviewed February 8, 2019

The hotel has a perfect location, right at the beach in Boa Viagem. I experienced a client service mindset, very friendly, helpful staff and also a very flexible staff at the conference center. Food has quality and high variety and is local cuisine, certainly above the average level of the Accor Mercure hotels. Rooms are spacious. The physical attractiveness and functionality are not up to standards: while some furniture is new, others parts of the interior clearly are not. Bed/sleeping quality is poor: i had a double bed with on one side a completely collapsed matrass, the pillows must have synthetic fillings as they are sweaty. No blankets available, only upon request, which sometimes are needed, since the aircon is very cold and does not seem to be responsive to different temperature settings. Sometimes a musty smell, but this is not due to the hotel this is typical for Brazilian seas-side accomodations.Bathroom functional, but only bearing, with an unsufficiently functioning showerhead, water not running well into the sink in shower and wash basin, painted tiles with bladdering paint. The hygiene, cleanliness are very good, I am critical on these aspects and was not alarmed by anything. Quality of service and foods in this case compensate. Since I was alone and I had one good side of the matrass I did not bother. Had we been there as a couple, we would certainly have wanted the mattrass changed or asked an other room.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
KarolineGrandMercure, Gerente de recepção at Grand Mercure Recife Boa Viagem, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Dear Olaf1965,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us at Grand Mercure Recife Boa Viagem!

It is so nice to see that you enjoyed our staff, our cuisine and location!

The entire Hotel is undergoing an overall renovation because of the Rebranding. Soon it'll be all renovated.

We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed February 7, 2019

I spent 2 nights at the Grand Mercure Recife on business. Overall I had a good stay. As other reviewers mention the building is on the older side and physical upkeep could be improved (my room had noticeable signs of wear and quick-fix repairs). The staff were helpful and everyone I talked to spoke English. The location is very convenient if you're planning to spend your day on the beach - it is right across the street! I had breakfast and lunch at the hotel's restaurant, both meals were good and reasonably priced. My only recommendation to management would be to invest in new linens & towels (I noticed a stain on one of my towels).

Date of stay: February 2019

Dear Quip16,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for the time taken to write to us with your comments, as any information provided by our customers is greatly appreciated as we strive to continually improve.

Reviewed January 10, 2019

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GABRIELLAM2146, Gerente geral at Grand Mercure Recife Boa Viagem, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2019

Reviewed December 15, 2018

We arrived late and the check-in was okay but nothing special. When I open the door to my room it smelled old and musty. There were two beds. One bed had a black mark on the bed sheet so I used the other bed. The bed was uncomfortable, pillows were not so nice and all the furniture was old and well used.

Then I opened the bathroom. Wow what a disaster. The mirror was faded, crooked and the tiles around it did not meet the mirror. There was a gap with parts of the tile grout missing. The button for the toilet was broken and crooked with a hole in the wall. There was grout missing in the corners of the shower. The towel holder was old and rusty.

The hotel name is not justice here.

Accor should sell the "Grand" Mercure quick or spend thousands of dollars to update the entire hotel. I found out later that this hotel was a Tulip chain hotel but I think the flower fell off and they just added the name Grand Mercure to the sign. Terrible. I would never go back.

Room tip: Don't book this hotel
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
KarolineGrandMercure, Gerente de recepção at Grand Mercure Recife Boa Viagem, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2018

Dear Mr. Chis P,

Firstly, we'd like to thank you for the time taken to write us!

We apologize for not having achieved your expectations, we're really sorry about this.
Our Hotel had just entered to Accor chain and we're about to start a huge project of renovation of the entire building.
We're certain that after this period our Hotel will be classified as one of the best in Brazil!

Once again, we apologize for this and hope that we could be able to reach your satisfaction on your next visit to the Grand Mercure Recife Boa Viagem.

Reviewed November 15, 2018

The check-in experience was very disappointing. We arrived in the early afternoon and waited a very long time and when we were finally served, we were rushed through and provided no explanation about the hotel amenities or breakfast. We were told our room key couldn't be issued and then were taken to our room, where a hotel staff member opened the door (but couldn't leave us with a key). We had to return to the front desk several hours later to get a key. But that took a lot of explaining to the (different) front desk person.The room was dated and in need of some fresh paint and decor. The hotel is certainly not at 4-star level. I would say it's close to most 3-star hotels I've stayed in South America. Ibis hotels in this area were better.The hotel does have an excellent location.The breakfast was also very good.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
KarolineGrandMercure, Gerente de recepção at Grand Mercure Recife Boa Viagem, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.
We'd like to apologize for not having achieved your satisfaction, the situation described does not match with our standart customer service and let us very disappointed too,