1,449 results
All reviews stayed one night great hotel ocean view walking distance beach taxi
Reviewed March 17, 2013

For my Brazil-cred, see my review of Boa Viagens beach.

This hotel was poor value. The location is its best feature, close to the uninspired strip of sand that passes for a beach. The pool was OK, but I didn't dive it because the Valdez-like oil slick warned me that the pool filters probably had gall stones. The rooms were noisy, somewhat smelly, and the breakfast buffet was vaguely reminiscent of something I had in a barely-post-Communist hotel in Hungary way back in the day. The atmosphere was bleak, with dark energy-saving hallways and dark foyer. What annoyed me most was the lack of back-of-house versus front-of-house mentality; waiters socializing and ignoring guests, cleaners dumping sudsy water all over the tile lobby in the middle of the day, plumbers shutting the hot water off for a day, only to have it run brown for another.

$125 bucks a night in March? Really?

In general, Recife needs to get over itself! When I approached the front desk person to ask about sightseeing, he flat-out told me not to go to Centro, but rather to hit Shopping Recife and the beach. Well, there goes two hours.

Room Tip: Beach peek-a-boo views are nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael F
Paganini_Luca, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Manibu Recife, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Sir,
We appreciate your taking the time and trouble to share your comments. Your touch of humour and irony used you describe your critical remarks really impressed us. The whole tone and style is simply nice, original and worthy of a professional and successful writer. I am aware that leisure time spent by travellers is very precious and that first class treatment, very high level of comfort, luxury and service is expected by them during their holiday experience in the selected property. We continuously strive to meet our guests' needs and expectations. Your comments are very important to us and always welcome,
Please, allow me to express my sincerest apologies and regret for any inconvenience occured and discomfort felt and rest reassured that I have taken good note of your concerns. I will of course make good use of them.

My best regards,

Luca Paganini

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The service at this hotel is horrible, especially if you don't speak Portuguese (we spoke English and Spanish).

On top of that, they cannot provide any information on the area and misdirected us on basic things. For example, we desperately needed an internet cafe (since they have computers with no access to Skype!!) and we were directed to the mall supposedly 4 blocks away. After walking for nearly an hour we finally went back where we were told by another person that we needed to take a bus - in the opposite. How do they not know what is 4 blocks away from their hotel?? It looked like they found humour in giving this kind of misinformation.

The room was mediocre, our room had a small window that faced a complex of poorer homes. The breakfast unappetizing. The location was good - close from the beach although there are many signs about sharks.

Not worth the money at all

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TonyaJJ
Luca P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Manibu Recife, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Lotoya,
Thank you for your recent review and detailed feedback on your recent stay with us here at BEST WESTERN Manibu Recife.
We have noted and taken on board all of your comments and should you wish to contact me I am pleased to get back to you with a detailed response.
Should you wish to visit us again, please contact me directly for any assistance in reservations.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed one night to make a plane connection. Room fairly small, small window. Place felt like a 1970's Marriott. Location convenient to Boa Viagem which is a pleasure to walk morning or night. Breakfast buffet plentiful and adequate. If you are staying in town for awhile, I'd suggest looking into one of the spiffier hotels.
We had a delightful dinner at Mingus Restaurant around the corner from the hotel - good food, fine service, excellent piano player.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
mildakruger, Gerente geral at Hotel Manibu Recife, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2017

Thanks for choosing our hotel in Recife. Our location is really very good. Few steps from many gastronomy options.
Regards,
Milda Matos Kruger - Best Western Hotel Manibu Recife.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here during Carneval in Receife and Olinda and enjoyed the stay very much. There is a nice pool and pool bar on the top floor and the hotel is just one block from the beach. Very helpfull staff, most speak English, and I must mention that the breakfast buffet was one of the best!!
Area is safe, and there is always taxis waiting outside.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room, not for the view but it is quit as it is facing away from the street.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Luca P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Manibu Recife, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

We really enjoy the comments from our guest.
We are always making improvements to be better.

Regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Best Western in Receife is probably considered a very good if not one of the best hotels in Recife, however not really to the standards of a USA Best Western Hotel.
The rooms are clean and comfortable but small by USA standards.The hotel has very good free high speed Internet. The breakfast included with the room was very good. The hotel is located about 1 block from the beach. The room I had you could only see a little sliver of the ocean. I felt safe and secure in the hotel. The hall ways are quite dark even during daylight hours.
All the staff and front desk personal were friendly and helpful. This is probably one of the best hotels in Recife however don't expect a modern bright Best Western as you would expect to see in the USA or you will be disappointed. I will stay at this hotel again in the future as I feel it's one of the best and most modern hotels in Recife.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the Survey.
You will be always welcome.
Milda Matos Kruger - Best Western Hotel Manibu Recife.