“Nice hotel except for the management staff”

Hotel Mercure Recife Navegantes
Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Recife
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel is nice, not very nice but nice. The a/c in the room was loud and difficult to control the breeze but not terrible. Some of the rooms on the higher floors had leaking windows so you can hear the breeze whistling in and if you're near the elevators, you can hear the motors kick in. The fridge is good and some rooms have microwaves. The hotel staff are very friendly but the supervisors are the grumpiest group that I've ever seen. It's very close to the beach and there're a lot of nice restaurants and a Carefour within walking distance. Same with ATMs. I stayed more than 2 months on business and it was absolutely fine. It definitely wasn't cheap. Would I stay here again? Probably but I'd look around, there're a lot of very nice hotels nearby and the prices may be better.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the elevators as possible and stay away from the floors above 14
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I liked this hotel a lot. Better service than an ibis I stayed in Brazil and ticked all the boxes for me. Clean good service and reasonable prices. Navagantes is beautiful well worth a visit. There is far more terrible places to stay. Ppl need to stop being to harsh sometimes.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are good but keep your Windows locked.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mirtes_Magalhaes, Gerente geral at Hotel Mercure Recife Navegantes, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Recife Navegantes. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Mirtes Magalhães

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Despite earning an upgrade to their top room, the hotel is just way bellow expectation on the Accor standard. The masonry services done on the renewal were terrible, with drilled and broken tiles, weird faucet at almost a meter high from the sink, no hot water for shaving, no power plugs on the bedroom, noise comming from the AC (which was installed just outside the window, blocking the view).
This is a hotel approved as a FIFA World Cup place, although, dont expect a full quality here. Better stay at a Ibis or similar hotel by Accor, if that is of your preference.

Room Tip: Higher rooms might give you a view to the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during a recent business trip. During my stay, the hotel was without hot water for almost 24 hours that I was there. After I made a complaint, the staff offered to provide a 15% discount for the inconvenience. I guess that this is what is to be expected in Brazil. You have to be able to deal with inconveniences like this even at a major hotel like Mercure. If this was a hotel in the US or Europe, the staff would have most likely have given you a free stay if the hotel was without hot water for that long.

Also, this is another Accor hotel in Brazil that really does not appreciate the loyalty of their ACCOR GOLD members. I felt like I had to pull teeth to get a late-checkout from the hotel staff. I asked them for a late check out and they only said they could grant me a late check out until 1 pm. After begging one of the gentlemen who worked during the night shift to grant us a later time, he finally agreed to grant us a 3pm checkout. The loyalty program leaves a lot to be desired. However, the staff is pretty nice!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the highest floor possible. There are some floors that have a great view of the Boa V...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel is very well located, close to the beach. It is a nice thing at Recife, but this is the only good thing about this hotel. The rooms are neither beautiful nor confortable, the service is simple, the restaurant is ok. Good for a quick stay, but if you're looking for spending vacations there or something like this, you can find better hotels in the region.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Otávia N, Manager at Hotel Mercure Recife Navegantes, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2015

Dear Guest,

OTÁVIA NASCIMENTO
GERENTE GERAL
GENERAL MANAGER

mercure.com
accorhotels.com

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This Mercure Hotel is off the main street, but is within a 5 minute walk to the beach. The hotel is an older property, but well maintained. They are currently renovating rooms. There is a nice restaurant that is attached to the hotel, but appears to be run separately. The breakfast buffet is good, but not always included in your room rate and the room is rather tight. The front desk folks are very helpful and the restaurant staff is friendly and will encourage you to try local favorites. The "pool" is very small, but the surrounding patio is nice. There is no fitness center. I would give this property 3.5 stars and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Made a last minute reservation as I was shocked with my staying at another hotel in. Boa Viagem area and what a great experience.

Check-in was a bit slow and could be improved but apart from that I can say that their service and room conditions were up to 4 star level.

Staff goes above and beyond to please their guests. Big thanks to the lovely staff (really sorry for not recording your name) that provided champagne glasses so I could celebrate new year eve in a great style.

Room Tip: Don't go looking around for breakfast. Hotel has a great selection and it's price and qualit...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple