“avoir to stay in this hotel”

Hotel Mercure Recife Navegantes
Ranked #19 of 55 Hotels in Recife
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“avoir to stay in this hotel”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

for professional reasons, I am travelling twice a month to Recife, and decided to stay at Accor branded hotels, so I told my travel agency to book at this hotel. When I arrived I found out that the hotel was under heavy remodelation, so no lobby, no restaurant, no bar, no wi-fi internet at my room.

The hotel is old, dirty, rooms with humidity, a 21" old tv set, with bad tv setting, all channels, but one in portuguese..... Staff try to be helpful, but you realize that they are not trained, and hardly speaks any language other that local brazilean portuguese.
I suggest to choose another hotel although is hard to find a decent place in this city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel is nicely located (2 minutes walk to beach Boa Viagem) but nothing really functiones smoothely. It's not the big things, it's the small things: You can't open the cabinet fully because the bed is in the way, the mattress is far to soft, TVs are located in places where you can't really watch...
This hotel needs to be renovated urgently, I think. They are renovating the lobby right now, so hopefully they will renovate the rooms also.
A bit of a problem is that they work with Taxi companies. We called a taxi two times and both times had do wait more than 30 minutes. So there could be problems if you are in bit of a hurry. Maybe you should try and find yourself a taxi on the street, there are lots of them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Recife hotels

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,728 helpful votes
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is very well located at Boa Viagem beach, just a few steps to the beach and so it is to many good bars and restaurants.

The lobby as well as other common areas such as business center, pool, sauna and fitness are not the very best, and the staff despite although being always very helpful and friendly seemed a bit unexperienced in many issues, what made some services (like check in and check out) too much lazy in our opinion. The internet (wifi), available only at the ground and second floor, is not that good too.

But what really made all the difference for us was the amazing room we´ve had. It was perfectly new (probably recently renovated and even smelling as if it was!), with very modern facilities and a simply awesome view to the beach/ocean. It was probably the best room we have had among all the many other Mercure hotels we´ve already stayed.

Despite the fact that, during our stay, this hotel was undergoing huge renovation works on its ground floor, that didn´t damage our experience at all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GUSDALI
Sao Paulo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel is not well kept. The corridors seem to be not very clean. The good sized rooms have seen better days: the furniture is very tired and the shower pressure is low. Breakfast is simply awful: the worst buffet I've ever tried. I am not a picky person, but I couldn't eat any of the items. Omelettes were old and dry, so were the scrambled eggs. Fruit seemed not to be fresh. Yogurt was the lowest quality possible. It doesn't worth the USD 90/night paid.
Location is good. But Accor is finishing an Ibis hotel about 10 blocks from this Mercure. I believe it will be a better option for future trips.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Recife is not an easy city for me. I sort of don't like it. The bests things in Recife are the neighbooring city of Olinda and the modern airport when you leave. The rest I guess I never got that lucky with this city.
Plus I was having a situation with my former girlfriend.
Anyways, this hotel sucks. I thought it was old, not too clean, old fashioned, the rooms had this couch and a balcony inside...poor decoration, or maybe tacky is the propoer word. This is just an old hotel in Recife.
It used to be an old flat before I suppose.
So I don't like the city, the hotel, my ex, so it all sucks!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DeMarco10
Denver
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel needs a complete renovation. Its style is older than old school; its a little creepy and lacks any personality. But, it's close to the airport and the beach....We arrived on a Copa flight that gets in around 1 AM, and it was a R$30 taxi to the hotel. Thanks to a few problems with room key readers not working, we were given a "suite" on the top floor. Our key still didnt work, and had to have maintenance let us into our room 3 times the next morning. Room had a view of the beach, but everything was just basic and very dated in the room...oh, the shower actually had really good pressure. Breakfast=basic. Had front desk call taxi the next morning for the airport, and that took 25+ minutes, in a city that is swarming with taxis.
This hotel is worth considering if you want to be close to the airport or beach, but don't get your hopes up....

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple