Hotel Mercure Recife Navegantes
$72
$63
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Manibu Recife(Recife)(Great Value!)
$56
$68
Pousada Villa Boa Vista(Recife)(Great Value!)
$50
$49
$81
$75
GrandMercure
  • Breakfast included
Hotel ibis Recife Boa Viagem(Recife)(Great Value!)
$47
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewstapiocadeskpillowsworkskeylocalization
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel is not well kept. The corridors seem to be not very clean. The good sized rooms have seen better days: the furniture is very tired and the shower pressure is low. Breakfast is simply awful: the worst buffet I've ever tried. I am not a picky person, but I couldn't eat any of the items. Omelettes were old and dry, so were the scrambled eggs. Fruit seemed not to be fresh. Yogurt was the lowest quality possible. It doesn't worth the USD 90/night paid.
Location is good. But Accor is finishing an Ibis hotel about 10 blocks from this Mercure. I believe it will be a better option for future trips.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Recife is not an easy city for me. I sort of don't like it. The bests things in Recife are the neighbooring city of Olinda and the modern airport when you leave. The rest I guess I never got that lucky with this city.
Plus I was having a situation with my former girlfriend.
Anyways, this hotel sucks. I thought it was old, not too clean, old fashioned, the rooms had this couch and a balcony inside...poor decoration, or maybe tacky is the propoer word. This is just an old hotel in Recife.
It used to be an old flat before I suppose.
So I don't like the city, the hotel, my ex, so it all sucks!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DeMarco10
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel needs a complete renovation. Its style is older than old school; its a little creepy and lacks any personality. But, it's close to the airport and the beach....We arrived on a Copa flight that gets in around 1 AM, and it was a R$30 taxi to the hotel. Thanks to a few problems with room key readers not working, we were given a "suite" on the top floor. Our key still didnt work, and had to have maintenance let us into our room 3 times the next morning. Room had a view of the beach, but everything was just basic and very dated in the room...oh, the shower actually had really good pressure. Breakfast=basic. Had front desk call taxi the next morning for the airport, and that took 25+ minutes, in a city that is swarming with taxis.
This hotel is worth considering if you want to be close to the airport or beach, but don't get your hopes up....

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This hotel is in a nice part of Recife just one block back from the beach. My room had a great view of the beach and for the price we paid this was unexpected. Yes the air conditioning is noisy but I slept okay despite being a bad sleeper. finishing details ie the back of my bathroom door need more attention but this was more than made up for by the kitchenette and the lovely helpful staff. There's a great restaurant just down the road, pricey but good seafood. Internet free by cable but had to use wireless in the lobby.

Room Tip: I think all rooms face the sea but try and get as high as possible.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KatePnz
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel seems to have potential but with a few flaws, unless you are given a corner suite, like mine, which is really comfortable and good. The flaws are such as a universal remote control for the TV that never works, lack of proper attention from from desk clerks(I asked to change the remote and only after repeated requests, after 2 days, someone came over). I also asked for a taxi at 8 AM and they have simply forgotten.On the other hand, all this is forgiven as long as you stay at a corner suite, like mine, It is actually an apartment and very comfortable with kitchenm room, living room etc.

Room Tip: This hotel is worth staying only if you stay in a corner suite, like mine, Check the pictures, I was given the suite 208, which is actually an apartment with kitchen, bedroom and living room, not to mention microwave oven and 2 TV 's. The apartment is really very comfortable and high quality. in apt 208 there is also an ocean view. very good.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple