“A Wonderful & Warm Home Away From Home!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cama e Cafe Olinda

Cama e Cafe Olinda
Ranked #1 of 22 Olinda B&B and Inns
Galway, Ireland
“A Wonderful & Warm Home Away From Home!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed with Yolanda & Sebastian on a recent business trip to Recife, deciding to stay in neighbouring Olinda. I was so impressed not only by the beauty of where I was in the world, but by the warm and genuine hospitality offered by my hosts. They are a wonderful couple, and went to great lengths to ensure that I have everything I needed, even providing me with a book to read to go to the beach!! The location is wonderful, as is the accommodation. But, the real clenched for me was the food. Yolanda is a wonderful chef, and breakfast was a delight each morning. We even shared lunch one day. Yolanda and Sebastian re very kind hosts. I'd highly recommend staying with them, and I definitely plan to return!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Yolanda and Sebastian are great hosts! Unfortunately we stayed only 1 night and we arrived very late in the evening. The breakfast next day on their veranda was amazing. Yolanda makes the best fresh maracuja jam and manioc cake I have ever tasted! I can recommend 100%

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Each year I look back at all the places I have stayed at during my South American trips and this one is my 2013 favourite. Its small which is why everyone loves it. Yolanda and Sebastian are so welcoming you think you are visiting old friends you havent seen for years. The accommodation is comfortable and the breakfast great, different every day with excellent coffee. This was probably the cheapest place we stayed at and yet much better than the 5 star hotel we moved onto from here to attend a conference. Sebastian and Yolanda speak good English and German as Sebastian is originally from Vienna.

They arranged a pick up from the airport which was great as we arrived late, and were able to give lots advice on everything. The icing on the cake however was sitting on the veranda drinking coffee while Sebastian and his friend practised their cello and guitar - magical!

So if Sebastian is reading this Servus und viele grusse aus London! and we will be back.

2 Thank goodtogethome
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed with my girlfriend for three nights at Sebastian and Yolanda's place, and it was very nice!

The room is rather big, very clean, and you have very nice views from it. The bathroom looks new, and you have a very nice view from the shower as well!

The breakfast was excellent and our hosts were always very attentive.

The place is well located for visiting both Olinda and Recife. If you walk for 10 minutes you're at a bus stop from where you can go anywhere.

I'd stay with Sebastian and Yolanda any time. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

We had a wonderful time at cama e cafe Olinda right in the historic part of olinda. It is really familiar and you feel like being brasilian the first time. yolanda and sebastian serve a great breakfast on the panoramic veranda. I will come back for sure!

Room Tip: The room in the basement is with AC
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

First of all I have to tell you that I've been here for one week and I felt like home and now I will tell you also why.
I have to start with the view that is absolutely amazing. The room where I was staying has a veranda with hamac and because the house is situated up on the hill in Olinda on your left side you can see the town above and the ocean and sometimes big cruise ships sailing close to the coast. On your left side you have another view from above from Olinda and far in the horizon there is the manhatan looking like skyline from Recife.
Second the room is big enough, the bed very comfortable, they have airco that realy works not like in other places and if it's not enough you can also turn on the big ventilator that will cool you down and tv internet and mini bar with cold bier and water. The shower is huge, everything working. Just one thing that is not bad in my opinion but it might be new for some people you have to be careful with the water consumption(still you can shower enough) and you are advised to throw the used toilet paper in a basket.
The breakfast is another highlight. Fresh local fruits every time, good coffee and overall everything good for every taste I believe. And the best thing is Yolanda's and Sebastian's company that if you wish they give always friendly advice about Olinda and try always their best to help.
Another good thing is that you can communicate with your friendly hosts in Portuguese, German or English.
I have to mention as well Misa the lady that takes care that everything is clean in Cama e cafe Olinda that does a great job and is very friendly.
Olinda is a wonderful town full of history, life, contrasts, artists, paintors musicians that all live in harmony. From my experience is a safe place to be and I highly recommend Cama e Cafe Olinda as your place to stay while you are in this wonderful town.

Sebastian, Yolanda and Andresa thank you for making me feel like home in your house!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

cama & cafe olinda was a good choice, located at the top of the city close to the food and handicrafts fair ,sebastian and yolanda are great hosts willing to help when you need, the room is perfect, well ventilated, great view, clean, safe and with everything you need, cafe da manha was complete and well served with a variety of fruits, cold cuts, cheese, bread, eggs, etc., we spent a great time here and will choose this B&B again with no doubt

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple