“Lovely Risotto and Sizzler!”
Review of Mocambo

Mocambo
Ranked #13 of 4,233 Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The risotto and sizzler was wonderful.
Have a go.

But the downpoint is there is very little to choose in Vegetarian Menu.

There are newer reviews for Mocambo

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Ordered Chicken Orientale A La Mocambo. And it was soooo good. Steaks were also nice. Recommended if you want a Continental Meal.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The food is simply superb, bringing in the original collonial british flavor to the food. However the cramped up space, crowded atmosphere and delayed services cause dismay.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

we tried devils crab and some veg dishes here,must say the food was delicious and service was impeccable.would highly recommend this place which is already a hit with most people in kolkata.not too expensive either.have heard some nice things about their prawn cocktail as well

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I went there with two of my friends. There was a gentlemen waiting outside to receive guests. As we went on a weekend it was pretty busy, around 15 people were waiting outside for tables. So we assumed its gonna take time. I asked the guy how long we have to wait and gave my name. He informed us about the waiting time, which was supposed to be 30 mins. We decided to return after the said duration. But we were told its not yet ready. So we waited for another 30 mins. After all the waiting I asked him how much longer we have to wait. Instead of any information he asked my name and told me its going to take 30 mins. On my protest that I have given my name earlier he started acting up. Now changing his story and telling me & my friends that he already called my name. But we were waiting right next to him this whole time. When we complained about the wait time and the whole misunderstandings on their part they finally gave us a table. It was a pathetic experience. It was so much work just to make them understand that we were waiting for a table for the last 1 hr. All this just for a table in a restaurant!!!! The service staff inside was polite. Food was good, however nothing exceptional.

The people outside receiving guests need lessons on customer service.