“Sadly, standards have gone down”
Review of Mocambo

Mocambo
Ranked #12 of 4,233 Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This used to be a great place at one time. Visited the restaurant after many years. Sadly the food has deteriorated quality-wise. The Steak was tough. I asked for medium - they brought a very well-done steal. The Baked Alaska was burnt one one side. (this used to be really good at one time. The only good thing was the service. But a restaurant cannot survive on service alone.

2  Thank DSD469
There are newer reviews for Mocambo

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Why do people still visit Mocambo? I was there today for the second time in the past year and was shocked to see and taste the degradation. The food is going downhill by the day and the management don't seem to care. They are happy with the ques outside their restaurant, nevermind the quality of food they serve. The food I ordered included a Prawn Muniere which was prepared in a questionable oil in which fish had been fried before. It stunk so much that I couldn't finish the dish. The Fish Muniere was inedible, the fish had gone bad - and the management agreed with me and took it off my bill.

Mocambo had been my favourite haunt since Sky Room shut it's doors. It was THE place to go for Continental cuisine. But alas, gone are the glory days for this restaurant. It might still lure in the crowds for it's economical pricing, but connosuiers of good food are well advised to avoid this place. I hope Mr. Kothari is listening.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went back to Mocambo after a long time. Luckily we did not have to wait for long. It's still the same and really good. The service was very good. They have a few new waiters who were not very familiar with the menu. But when asked for someone else we were helped really well. The sizzlers were really good. We tried a fish sizzler And chicken chipolata . Both were awesome. The ambience is nice. They have separate tables for families. We had gone back to Mocambo so many times. Can't think of any other place for sizzlers other than Peter Cat.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

consistently good food and service and terrific specials. Love the pewter mugs for the beer. I love Fish Diana!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

After watching Kahaani was resolute on my next trip to Kolkata must visit this restaurant .
Located on Park Street thisrestaurant is always crowded ... even at 3pm !
It was interesting to see the crowd at this restaurant ...a mix of anglo -indians , foreigners and hard core bong foodies !
Decor is colorful and pleasant , the hanging lamps give it a cosy feel ! What disappointed me was the service , the waiters seem to be least bothered - waiting time for the food was too long . We had ordered a Lobster Thermidor which was good but not too impressed with the portion .
We also ordered chicken and fish steak it was ok ...must say I have had better steak s !
Try out the Angels on Horse back its one of their signature dishes !
So on the whole not too impressed but no harm give it a shot atleast once !