The first thing good is about its nearness to Kolkatta..just 40 min drive from the airport...even though the rpoads are very narrow.
The second thing which strikes is green every in the hotel campus...quite a big campus...even from the gate to the building is quite a distance.
The lobby is quite good and large for a hotel of this size. The rooms good but nothing to rave about. The room amnities are so so....nothing to talk about.
The room service was efficient.
The Bengali Buffet lunch was quite decent...the fritters( written Bhajjiya) especially the Karela one was good.
Over all a satisfying experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vedic Village Spa Resort is a hidden gem, nestled in the lap of nature just 20 minutes away from the international airport in Kolkata, India. Built horizontally in the authentic architecture of Bengal villages, the world- class luxury resort blends in completely with the uniqueness of the landscape. It combines tremendous natural beauty and outdoor fun with unbeatable indoor luxury. A boutique getaway sprawling over 150 acres of fertile farmland greenery, sparkling lakes, coconut groves and a wealth of flora; it is a haven for migratory birds, butterflies, squirrels and exotic species of plants. A perfect destination for rejuvenation weekends, family vacations, corporate retreats and destination weddings. A tranquil sanctuary with a unique ambiance of tradition, art and nature on one hand and on the other with ample international style leisure,sports activities, wellness facilities. Water bodies. Green pastures. Adventure. Spa. Bonfires. Sunsets. Boating. ATV Riding. Bowling Alley. Zorbing. Segway. Kayaking….the list goes on! A collection of exclusive hand-picked accommodation, with extraordinary villas and private homes, plus premium hotel rooms for those who expect excellent value, personal service and supremely comfortable accommodation. Brilliant gourmet experiences await you at the award-winning regional cuisine restaurant or through farm to fork organic meals at the all-hour restaurant, or even through the simplicity of the rituals at the tea lounge. And for after hours there’s always the romantic poolside bar or the pulsating nightspot. And finally, serenity awaits you at the private Sanjeeva Ayurvedic Spa. Only a short amble along the gardened pathways leads you to the temple of the wholistic wellness retreat… that starts the moment you check in! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vedic Village Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Vedic Village Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Vedic Village Spa Resort India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia