“Experience”
Review of Landmark Hotel

Landmark Hotel
Ranked #199 of 235 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed December 4, 2009

It is not very expensive but a good utility Hotel.It is not far from the Airport and hence saves a lot of time commuting to and fro Airport.
It is very well maintained and service is excellent.Food also is reasonably good.
A nice place to stay while in the city

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed December 3, 2009

Stayed in this hotel for good 4 days..but was not at all satisfied.....

Food :
They offer complimentary buffet breakfast and dinner which is of no use....the breakfast has very limited options to choose from..and quality of food is also not so good..no proper cleanliness is maintained..

Rooms :

The bathrooms are very small..at the bath area..the person cant even turn around..its so small..hot water takes ages to come..a/c stops working sometimes..and one more..they also claim to offer free internet..which never worked for me or to my other colleagues..and the explanation they gave was behind my understanding..

Staff : they are good..

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We stayed in the Landmark as it seemed to be one of the hotels closer to the airport. It took about twenty minutes out of rush hour. Our double room was huge with twin beds, reasonably comfortable. The air conditioning system is very loud so we couldn't have it on at night and bizaarely the room had an all singing all dancing massage chair. A quirky bonus but one I could have lived without. The worst thing was the thousands of tiny flies. I can't remember if they were there before I opened the window to take photo's of the highway at night. I recommend not opening the window just in case as they got everywhere! The restaurant food and service were both very good as was the service on the roof top bar. The hotel served a purpose for us but I wouldn't have wanted to stay there much longer. Recommended for convenience.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I was in Kolkata with my father for a wedding and our host had booked this hotel for us.
I must say that I was quite worried because I was coming from a terrible experience in a hotel in Delhi, but Landmark hotel was a totally different planet.
Clean and very spacious room with a nice view, clean communal spaces (ie dining room) and very very nice staff. Receptionists always smiling and rest of the staff always attentive to our needs. For the wedding I wore a Sari and had no clue at all how to wrap it around my body, so room maid helped me out with it.
There was also a computer connected to the internet in the corridor just outside my room which was at total guests' disposal for free.

• Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank superdani77
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We booked Landmark for 3 days during our wedding for all the outstation guests to stay in Dec 2008. We feel that we got a good value for the money we put in.

The Hotel is relatively new and has surprisingly large & comfortable rooms. Kolkata has a dearth of hotels which are reasonable yet live-able. Landmark broke this notion for me. The rooms were large & spacious with quite some space to move about. Some of the suites even had massage chairs which gave one a nice opportunity to relax midst of all the wedding stress.

The food was decent with the buffet they laid out for us. The only hiccup was the level of service. The cleaning & servicing staff were an irritant. They at times would break the otherwise peaceful ambience off the hotel.

Being located on the EM Bypass, it saves one from traffic & the din of the main city. Transport (taxis) though are readily available through out the day.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Decent hotel out of the smog. Friendly staff. Good food

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2009

The hotel is having good bar, but a bit isolated from the city, also bit costly for the location

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business