The Lindsay
$90
  • Pool
Radisson Kolkata Ballygunge(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$102
$96
Radisson
The Oberoi Grand(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$170
$129
Oberoi Hotels
  • Pool
Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$102
$89
Agoda.com
Hyatt Regency Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$91
Travelocity
Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$70
Swissotel Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$77
$74
Priceline
Vedic Village Spa Resort(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$76
$68
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop restaurantmarket areaenjoy shoppingstar category hotelexecutive roomstaff behaviora nice place to staykolkata cityroom was largeroom servicedecent hotelhotel is locatedwelcome drinkhotel managementclean roomsbuffet breakfastshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I will never stay with them nor will I suggest this hotel to anyone. Food was the biggest issue. I have no words to express my nightmare. Horrible. Internet was at the snail's pace. Pathetic service and awful cuisine.

Room Tip: Never believe online comments.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nishikant K
Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Hotel Lindsay, Kolkata recently. Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I am very disappointed to know that your stay was not comfortable with regards to quality of food, service and Wi-Fi facility. Please accept my sincere apologies for the same. I have shared the feedback with my team and assure you that this was an isolated incident and not our practice. Hence i request you not to let this mar our overall impression about the Hotel.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Kolkata so that we can showcase our marked improvement.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to the hotel on 25th sep.2013, with my husband n my son who is 1 year old . ,The hotel is located at the heart of the city..'.KOLKATA ' n just opposite to 'NEW MARKET'. The room service and staff is really very good n helpful. We enjoyed our complement y buffet breakfast as well as dinner. The food was really very good . Stayed in the hotel for 3 days . The room service was very helpful who provided me my baby food at just a call. I loved my stay at hotel LINDSAY.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this nice review about Hotel Lindsay, Kolkata on TripAdvisor.

I am happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, especially for mentioning our great customer services. We strongly believe in fulfilling our motto ''MY BEST FOR THE GUEST''

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was stayed in lidsay in month of may 2013. the rooms are good and spacious. Morning buffet breakfast was awesome. Food is good. only room service needs to improve. House keeping was very good all the aminities they have provide. Food quality is good. Value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Hotel Lindsay, Kolkata. Thanking for taking the time to review as on TripAdvisor.

At Hotel Lindsay, our endeavor is to offer excellent accommodation, food, and personalized service to guests. I will certainly pass on your kind words of appreciation to our Executive Chef and Executive Housekeeper regarding our service in the hotel which will definitely motivate our team and in turn will enable us to raise our standard of service. I will also inform the F & B Manager to improve the room service.

We would be delighted to welcome you back soon and assure you that the room service will be perfect.

Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Wonderful place for Business community to stay during their visit to Kolkata. I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Lindsey. Request to experience once. Enjoy fitness in morning and delicious food 24 x 7 from room services. Location is absolutely in central Kolkata just opposite to New Market. Most happening place of Kolkata to move around in the evening time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

We do very much value the feedback of our guests and we appreciate your positive review about our Hotel Lindsay, Kolkata on TripAdvisor.

Hotel Lindsay's location and proximity to the railway stations, metro rail, shopping malls, business houses and offices makes it an ideal choice for corporate and leisure travelers even though the journey from the airport to the hotel may take a while.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially for mentioning our great customer service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Wishes

Benedict Phillips

Reviewed July 21, 2013

First of all, I would like to mention that I had picked up this hotel for booking only after going through reviews by other like minded people. So, I was quite sure that services provided by the hotel including amenties provided and cleanliness shall be as per my expectation.

Surely, after arrival at the hotel on 7th July' 2013, I was wlecomed by the hotel staff at the counter very cordially includiung the security guard. The only thing I was slightly surprised to find that Identity cards for each of three of us who were all family members were asked to be produced which I did not expect. If it was a formaliity for security, I should have been intimated in adavnce or a notice/circular should have been made available in the net.

Any way I have found the room tidy and room services very cordial. Quantity and quality of food served at the room was standard and was prepared with the right qty of oil and spices. However, the breakfast provided in 1st floor dining hall was found to be cold and some of the menu were missining i.e south indian dishes and the western dishes. However,if have to rate the quality of breakfast, I would like to rate it as average.

Once I tried to have dinner in the 7th floor roof top dining room, where I found that AC was not working. I found that roof top dining place was packed with customers mostly having beer or hard drinks.So I did not like to go up to the dining hall again.

Any way, my stay in the hotel was pleasant and I would like to stay in Hotel Lindsay again whenever I visit Kolkata.

Room Tip: To choose a room where there is no noice coming from the A/C plant or something like that
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Hotel Lindsay, Kolkata. Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you. I am really very sorry for the little disappointment you faced at the time of your breakfast and i will definitely convey to my Executive Chef regarding this and set it right.

We look forward to welcoming you back as stated by you and we shall not miss this opportunity to showcase our improvement.

Benedict Phillips