“Family Friendly Hotel”
Review of The Lindsay

The Lindsay
Ranked #46 of 219 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Guwahati, Assam, India
“Family Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to the hotel on 25th sep.2013, with my husband n my son who is 1 year old . ,The hotel is located at the heart of the city..'.KOLKATA ' n just opposite to 'NEW MARKET'. The room service and staff is really very good n helpful. We enjoyed our complement y buffet breakfast as well as dinner. The food was really very good . Stayed in the hotel for 3 days . The room service was very helpful who provided me my baby food at just a call. I loved my stay at hotel LINDSAY.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this nice review about Hotel Lindsay, Kolkata on TripAdvisor.

I am happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, especially for mentioning our great customer services. We strongly believe in fulfilling our motto ''MY BEST FOR THE GUEST''

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Best Wishes,

Hotel Lindsay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
ranchi
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was stayed in lidsay in month of may 2013. the rooms are good and spacious. Morning buffet breakfast was awesome. Food is good. only room service needs to improve. House keeping was very good all the aminities they have provide. Food quality is good. Value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Hotel Lindsay, Kolkata. Thanking for taking the time to review as on TripAdvisor.

At Hotel Lindsay, our endeavor is to offer excellent accommodation, food, and personalized service to guests. I will certainly pass on your kind words of appreciation to our Executive Chef and Executive Housekeeper regarding our service in the hotel which will definitely motivate our team and in turn will enable us to raise our standard of service. I will also inform the F & B Manager to improve the room service.

We would be delighted to welcome you back soon and assure you that the room service will be perfect.

Pune
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Wonderful place for Business community to stay during their visit to Kolkata. I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Lindsey. Request to experience once. Enjoy fitness in morning and delicious food 24 x 7 from room services. Location is absolutely in central Kolkata just opposite to New Market. Most happening place of Kolkata to move around in the evening time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We do very much value the feedback of our guests and we appreciate your positive review about our Hotel Lindsay, Kolkata on TripAdvisor.

Hotel Lindsay's location and proximity to the railway stations, metro rail, shopping malls, business houses and offices makes it an ideal choice for corporate and leisure travelers even though the journey from the airport to the hotel may take a while.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially for mentioning our great customer service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Wishes

Benedict Phillips
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 21, 2013

First of all, I would like to mention that I had picked up this hotel for booking only after going through reviews by other like minded people. So, I was quite sure that services provided by the hotel including amenties provided and cleanliness shall be as per my expectation.

Surely, after arrival at the hotel on 7th July' 2013, I was wlecomed by the hotel staff at the counter very cordially includiung the security guard. The only thing I was slightly surprised to find that Identity cards for each of three of us who were all family members were asked to be produced which I did not expect. If it was a formaliity for security, I should have been intimated in adavnce or a notice/circular should have been made available in the net.

Any way I have found the room tidy and room services very cordial. Quantity and quality of food served at the room was standard and was prepared with the right qty of oil and spices. However, the breakfast provided in 1st floor dining hall was found to be cold and some of the menu were missining i.e south indian dishes and the western dishes. However,if have to rate the quality of breakfast, I would like to rate it as average.

Once I tried to have dinner in the 7th floor roof top dining room, where I found that AC was not working. I found that roof top dining place was packed with customers mostly having beer or hard drinks.So I did not like to go up to the dining hall again.

Any way, my stay in the hotel was pleasant and I would like to stay in Hotel Lindsay again whenever I visit Kolkata.

Room Tip: To choose a room where there is no noice coming from the A/C plant or something like that
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Hotel Lindsay, Kolkata. Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you. I am really very sorry for the little disappointment you faced at the time of your breakfast and i will definitely convey to my Executive Chef regarding this and set it right.

We look forward to welcoming you back as stated by you and we shall not miss this opportunity to showcase our improvement.

Best Wishes,

Benedict Phillips
Badlapur, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is an average hotel again over priced. Though, the room service and staff is really good, the negative point is getting into the hotel as the Lindsay street is one way from Morning 10.00 to 8.00 PM.

Very crowdy place, but if you are a street food lover, this place would be just what you are looking for..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel Lindsay. We are glad to know that you liked the hotel and you were also satisfied with our staff. We hope to welcome you soon again.

Bhubaneshwar, Orissa, India
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel Lindsay is one of the best hotels in Calcutta. Room tariff are economical. Best part of it is the location . As it in New Market , , cinema hall etc just nearby walkable distance. Besides the Hotel staff , from liftman , guards , receiptions all are very good , cooperative in all respect . Whenever i visit Calcutta Hotel Lindsay is my first choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hotellindsay123, Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about our Hotel Lindsay. It was a pleasure for us having you as guest and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will forward your review to our staff to encourage them in what they are doing. Looking forward to welcome you soon again.

Durgapur, India
Reviewed July 1, 2013

At prime loication of the heart of the city. Rooms are well maintained. Complimentory Breakfast was really enjoyable as well as high speed wifi. House keeping was excellent. Staff also was very familiar. Room service was very poor. Taken too much time to deliver the orders at room. Otherwise it was excellent experience with Lindsay for two nights.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read about the compliments and that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel Lindsay but we want to apologies for the service quality. We would be delighted to welcome you back soon again and will assured that next time the service will be perfect.