“Very good value for money”
Review of Hotel Park Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Hotel Park Inn
Ranked #160 of 224 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Mumbai
“Very good value for money”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel staff were very helpful and well mannered. The cleanliness of the rooms could have been better, but it was decent enough. The room service was good. Their in house kitchen cooks okayish meals. Although you are better off eating outside for the same price. If you happen to go out for a morning walk, there is a tea stall just outside which is great. The approach to the hotel is a small lane which feels homely. The central location of the hotel makes it the best choice to stay in the area. It is almost 100 mts from Park Circus square. You get taxis to almost anywhere from there..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Margaret River, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We spent 2 nights at this hotel as a last minute booking. The room was very small, yet relatively clean. The included breakfast provided was adequate and other meals provided via room service were well-prepared upstairs and delivered promptly. The one big let down of this particular establishment is the staff manning the reception desk. They appeared disinterested in our inquiries or requests and their overall demeanor is not a desirable one when it is the receptionist that makes the first and last impression of any given place. As for the location, this may be an issue for anyone who requires access to the town centre on a regular basis as a taxi fair will cost you anywhere between Rs 100 - Rs 200 every time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pune
Reviewed May 25, 2013

First of all i should thanks Trip Advisor for getting me the Good Alternative Hotel within Park Circus vicinity, which is quite simple (means not so posh & with basic amenities), convenient (means easy for transportation) & accessible.
Location wise Hotel Park Inn is just at walk able distance from Park Circus Maidan & located near the Seven Point Crossing i.e. in the heart of the Kolkata city.
Tariff is worth to spend as it’s reasonably priced.
Room are bit in old style but good in space, well maintained & in good conditions (neat & clean). In deluxe A/c rooms they provide you with good toiletries & morning newspaper.
Bathroom are fairly good in condition & cleaned one, baring the flush knob which was broken so had to fight with that while flushing & water coming from hot tap was not so fast. Good thing is that they have Gezer in each bathroom, so 24 hrs hot water can be available.
The AC & TV (large LCD) were perfectly working. The bed linen was clean & appropriately matched, the curtains were clean & so were the bathroom towels.
Services are satisfactory. Staffs are courteous.
Complimentary breakfast was not upto my expectations which they have to reviews it for upgradation.
I would like to stay once again in coming months to come during my official trip as well as with my family & above all I would recommend this hotel to others.
Overall my stay was comfortable.
Drawbacks – Most of the auto taxi drivers for first time don’t found it easily until unless you get there eventually.
No lift service, that’s difficult for any Senior Citizen people to climb, as rest of the lagauge is taken care by the hotel staff.
Don’t stay on 3rd floor as above my room Kitchen was their & it’s make lots of sound when they are cleaning while closing the kitchen.
Pillow need to been more soft rather than a hard rock.
On first night i have observed that my bed was shaking very slowly, when i cross checked from the staff person he told if any heavy vehicle pass by it rarely happens. Very Interesting.
No attached restaurant so food has to be compulsorily taken in room if you order.
For changing the clothes if you have checked out while settling the bill they should offer Room for 10 mins if available & not to tell to change in comman toilet which is something wrong approach them need to change towards customer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank VinodYelemmi
Bangalore, India
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were a group of 5 people who checked into this hotel on 25th april 2013 night and talked regarding all the fares.As we reached kolkata late at night 11PM so we dint had much of an options to look around for alternatives and booked this one. Next day while checking out to our surprise we were over billed and when we asked for the reason we came to know that the owner has asked to charge like this. On multiple request when the guy sitting on the reception connected to the owner she also insisted to pay more.

The services are poor. We asked for food on the night when we checked in and were told that the food would be available 8kms from the hotel and they will chrage taxi fare 200 rs to get it. Later me and one of my friend walked hardly 500 meters to get the best food available.

The room was not cleaned after the last guest had checked out and one of room had AC which was not working properly(only the fan operational).All together i won't recommend this one to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank KumarDevashish

Travelers are raving about these Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review as I am staying in one of the room, let me say that I have choose this hotel after searching in TripAdvisor, I was not sure how much I will be satisfied but as I have checked in to the hotel now I feel I have made the right decision by selecting the righth place. The rate of the room worth for money, the staff are trained and courteous, they are maintaining all good things what generally a star hotel should have. There location also very good, rooms are well maintained having two windows making me feel at home, I had finished my lunch also was really pleased.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Sagar048
Bangalore
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I and my family stayed at Park Inn for a total of five nights with breaks in between, during our summer vacation of East India. We had booked for two of these nights online through a well known web portal and directly requested the hotel for the remaining three nights. We stayed in a a standard A/C room on the first night, while on the four nights, I opted for a deluxe double room with A/C.

Our first impression was somewhat tension- filled, thanks to the tough to locate address of Park Inn- Talbagan lane. The hotel receptionist had to continuously update our taxi driver on driving directions from the airport. The confusion was enhanced by the fact that the hotel is located not on the well known Park Street itself as our reservation voucher said, but rather on "New Park Street", a short distance from Park Circus, one of the central points of Kolkata. Anyway soon after we landed, the hotel boy promptly arrived, swiftly carried our luggage in, and we were settled in our room in ten minutes after the entry formalities.

The hotel has no lift service, but the only weight you have to carry is your own, as the bell boys do all the hard work of luggage transfer promptly. Food is prepared in their kitchen located within the hotel, but strangely you need to eat only in the limited space of your own room. What I liked was the friendliness of all staff, from receptionist to bell boys. They would promptly get us whatever we asked for- towels, hot drinking water, mineral water, etc. Food quality and service (I and my family are pure vegetarians) seemed to be on the above average side.

The deluxe A/C rooms were cozy, with fairly good toilets, though the fittings seem to need replacement on account of their heavy usage. The pillows however need serious change- they are just too hard for a comfortable sleep. You get a complimentary breakfast that we discovered was not a buffet, but a limited menu. Their food items are quite reasonably priced however, and we could have sufficing breakfasts always for just a little extra cost. In deluxe rooms they provide you with good toiletries, and the morning newspaper.

The nice thing is the hotel is totally free from any street traffic noise, but Talbagan lane is one road you would want to get out of as fast as you can- lots of stray dogs and cats and a dirty sidewalk on its very narrow road.

On one morning as we were checking out we noticed we had left behind one of our luggage pieces and a few juice packs. The hotel staff promptly kept it in safe custody until we got back again a day later.

All said, from my experience I do recommend Park Inn for families on holidays. Ignoring the short stretch of Talbagan Lane, the hotel is located in a very well connected area of Kolkata, their service is friendly, and their food quite good to keep you going on those excursions around.

Room Tip: Only seek an A/C room in summer. Kolkata is terribly hot for anyone.