“Not a cheap place to eat or drink”
Review of Illusion

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Illusion
Reviewed May 21, 2018

I like this quaint place located on the second floor of the overcrowded Metropolis Matll where also the huge expanse of the food court is also located. Overcrowded because you have Big Bazaar on the first floor and the movie hall on the 3rd floor. The outside of the mall is a mess with footpath encroachers who have swallowed 60% of the road to the parking area.

The first thing that hits you as you enter this place is the loud techno music played obviously meant to attract youngsters. To most it's really a headache. I've visited a number of places like this in the USA where they play only classic rock but here OMG. But you're glad that the Decore and temperature inside is pleasant.

The bar is adequately stocked and the service relatively quick. The welcome part is the Happy Hour which had special reduced prices for beverages and snacks. This stretches up to 10 PM. You will be lucky if you're served by the friendly and efficient Bubai Mondal. He is not only a waiter but a great advisor. It was he who suggested the fish fingers and chicken tikka. Both were great.

Spend an evening here. The food served here, especially the Chinese, is by far better than all the other places in Ajay Nagar but is expensive. My advice to the management is to play a more popular music and to keep the volume at a low level. The clientele here are by and large middle aged Bengali and families who would be more comfortable with classic rock or soft instrumental music. Remember, the people come here to drink, eat and chat not to dance.

Glad that they have place like this in South Kolkata.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed December 13, 2017

The service is good, but the food itself is not at all good. Though it was fresh, it was quite bland and tasteless. The prices are quite high for such poor quality.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

There was a place in lllusion which never forgot in my memory, I it was a famous places for me, I getting very excited for this place, So I think who can't go this place they miss this place!!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 1, 2016

This is a great pub in the Highland Park Mall. They offer both drinks and great food. They also have nice, cozy and private sitting to enjoy your drinks. DJ plays good music in the evenings and they play sporting events in the big screen. Drinks are not very expensive. The place is really cozy and stylish.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed October 20, 2014

Hi everyone,
My house is at a stone throw distance from the Illusion Lounge at Highland Park. The lounge had always been an attraction for me inspite of its high price. But off late, I find that the maintainence of the the place has gone down distinctly. The staffs are no more courteous at all. Being an over-priced lounge and I being a middle class man I used go there just to enjoy the ambience and good food over there and may be fetch a couple of beer pints,. Normally, as per their menu a pint of Tuborg /kingfisher costs Rs.150/-(without taxes). But Today when I went there I was told no beer is available other than budwiser or corona(costing around three times more), which I feel is a way to force customers to go for higher priced products and which I feel a reputed lounge like illusion should better avoid.They must cater to the needs of all kind of customers and should stock all variety. Moreover, I found that the staffs over there are no more courteous by the way they responded. When I inqured about the availability of wifi, the waiter who was serving us made such an expression as if I was speaking in hebrew and latter on consultation with the person at the bar counter informed me that no there is no wifi available in an extremely harsh tone. Another drawback of this place is that it does not have any restroom of its own and one needs to get out of the lounge cross the food court, few shops and use the restroom on the 2nd floor of the metropolis mall which I think is a big inconvinience for customers. Overall, I must say that this place irrespective of its ambience and good food quality is degrading day by day instead for pitching in for improvements.

Date of visit: October 2014