Himalaya Inn Service Apartment
Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$117
ITC Sonar(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$199
$106
  • Breakfast included
The Peerless Inn(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$98
$59
Hotels.com
The Oberoi Grand(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$194
$118
Oberoi Hotels
  • Pool
Taj Bengal Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$170
$162
Taj Hotels
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$103
The Park Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$126
$72
$112
$65
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 10, 2014

09831185889 prashant was the guy I spoke to for my booking, first of all the picture given is fake,it's not the original guest house.i was told its near to the airport3 to 4 km but it's 16 km. he said its on main road but it was on inner roads of new town. When I reached I was lucky I told my cab to wait so I can have a look of the guest house. I was surprised to see the guest house is totally different . Not clean at all washroom was getting cleaned some how when I reached. After watching I again confirmed the rate was 900₹ which was told to me by Prashant but he said room is for 1200₹ ,and the 900₹room is not available. Room did not had tv also. Anyways I told him okay you bluffed me now I am going, he said ok ok go and search new guest house, luckily my cab was there and I had one standby guest house as well. Pls don't trust this guy at all.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank ApurvArya
Reviewed January 1, 2014

apartment was best to stay with your friends and family.It is the perceptive and friendly service that makes it worthwhile staying in this apartment. The owners and staff are social.food and service quality is very gud.location is pathetic as it is very far away from main city but apart from this location service is gud . fooding and loddging is best enough !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2013

One of my most pathetic situation i ever had. Hotel (This is basically one floor of an appartment totally used as lodging) is situated at behind the salt lake..as it tells opposite 215bus stand. I challenge ,not a single taxi wala in Kolkata can reach this place without asking 4-5 persons.From 215 bus stand to the hotel there is only a Kacha / totally broken road .In day time its your luck if you get a Rickshaw/Taxi to go from the Hotel to any other place or to the near by bus stand which is around 1-1.5 km distance. In day time also the hotel staff will help you in calling a rickshaw. But after sun set you will get nothing, you have to walk straight from the hotel to the bus stand to get bus/taxi.Food is not so good.Staff are ok or you can say not so much professional.In evening also you have to fight alot to get a taxi from the bus stand to Howrah, as no Taxi driver will be willing to go to Howrah after 6-6:30 pm from this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Deb_mett
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Found this hotel available on discount on cleartrip so thought why not try it.I had already informed the owner that I will reach late.So after reaching the Sector 5 Bus stand around 11 pm found out there was rarely a soul around to ask for the locations and those one or two I found had no idea where the location was.So thought of calling the number given and to my horror two of them were out of service and no one was picking the call on the last one . After 1 hour of trying at all nearby places found the place and to my bad luck again all the gates were locked .After banging the door for about 15 mins a guard came and opened the door.There was a open pond on both sides which was a breeding ground for the mosquitoes.There was no wifi connection as said on many sites (again the same excuse its temporary unavailable) and even the LAN cable was not working .In the morning geyser was not working. Had to leave early so the cab that was called charged me Rs 200 for a distance of less than 5 kms saying that he had to come to a very remote area.

Final Advice- Stay Away!! Find any other hotel/service appartment around as the remote location and the extra charges for transportation makes this rather an expensive deal with all the pain added on

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rokrdude
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I felt that the food quality is not worth the price. The service is really poor. The room keeper should go and see other service apartments in the area to learn how they serve and behave when guests come.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family