The Samilton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Aston(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Restaurant
Ratnakar Inn Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Hotel Trimoorti(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Breakfast included
Sinclairs Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Pan Asia Continental(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Mangalam Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Hotel Gardenia(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewstandoori chickenrecommend this hotelvery pleasant stayclean roomshouse keepingspecial mentioncleanlinessconnectivitykolkatta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I have stayed at Samilton several times over many years. The maintenance level has dropped. The room furniture and fittings need an upgrade. The complimentary breakfast is meagre. There seems to be a disco in the building (or parties) that result in a lot of late night noise. The location is convenient, taxis are available outside. There is a late night dhaba two minutes walking distance away, in case you need good, hot food at odd hours. Over priced hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JG-Blr
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Let us strat from the lobby ,really small and dirty,the lady on the front desk hdoest care for anything.Manager of the hotel is arguably the rudest person in the hospitality industry.Rooms are old and the fixtures are even older.complimentary breakfast is worst.The only positive thing about the hotel is complimentary wifi connection.So I would not suggest to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I have stayed in several hotels all across India and abroad. I have stayed in many categories of hotels - especially budget and mid-range hotels. Please note that when I selected Samilton, I was not expecting any luxuries. All I wanted was a decent place to stay without paying much. And what I got was extremely crappy service, absolutely crazy management who have no idea about hospitality. They messed up booking. When I reached the hotel, the front desk said they do not have a booking for me. Later on I was given a tiny room. When I talked to the manager, his behaviour was just unapologetic. Instead I was told if I don't like things here, I am most welcome to walk out. Wow! Couldn't believe it. I was told that the manager has all rights to not let me stay in the hotel if he doesn't want to.

Apart from the service, rooms are tiny and there are much better hotels around the area and for much less price. So do feel free to look around. I would never ever visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank RickLa
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Samilton is a mid budget hotel on busy sarath bose road. It's lobby is very very small and that includes two PC kept to serve as 'business' center. Rooms are ok, but one should try to avoid rooms facing the road as it can get noisy. Bathrooms looks old and deteroirating. Overall service is bit tardy as the staff seems overworked. compared with other hotels in the vicinity, it's a better bet. and yes.. they've a WiFi too!!

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Galvanizers
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Beware!!! before you book u might be stranded

The management takes bookings 2 months in advance and cancels the booking. Be careful fellow travellers U may be stranded if you depend on them. No ethics or principles. Reason given is we are JUST cancelling your bookings.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business