“Fantastic.”

and 1 more site!
Hotel 233 Park Street
Ranked #32 of 224 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Bangkok, Thailand
“Fantastic.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I like small hotels with great service, location and style and this has it all. I spent three nights here and this now my first choice for my regular Kolkata trips.

This is a boutique hotel with no restaurant or bar so if you need this then this is not the hotel for you but very close is a huge choice of great places to eat and the hotel has a good room service menu. You can choose exactly what you want for breakfast and then this is served in your room - just great for me as a very busy traveler.

The rooms are all furnished with antique furniture and so stylish and such a a nice change from the brand name hotels, the room was very clean with good TV and great free WIFI.

The location is central Kolkata and good for business and site seeing,

But the best thing here is the staff - so good and so helpful, they could just not do enough for me. So refreshing for India where customer service is hard to find.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for the business or pleasure traveler to Kolkata.

1 Thank Chris P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2013

As foreign tourists visiting Calcutta for 1 night, our priority was clean rooms and food, and a hotel we could trust. This hotel was perfect for us. The manager was extremely friendly, and he studied and worked in the UK and returned home to run the hotel. Because of his background and attitude, we felt assured that he runs his hotel with world-class standards.

It is a boutique hotel, with only six rooms. The rooms are well-appointed and very interestingly furnished, with antique furniture. The breakfast was served in-room. The manager recommended a great (and clean) restaurant for dinner.

Compared to the Oberoi Grand, 233 Park Street is very inexpensive. This is probably because it lacks a spa and other such five-star frills, but that made it all the better for us. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AARON L
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here on 18th and 23rd Oct here in two different rooms. It is small boutique hotel where you don't get unwanted luxury but extremely good and consistent service day & night. The Great restaurant ARSALAN is just across the road where you can taste the best Mughlai food in Kolkata. If you are staying here, please try a visit to Arsalan and the sweet shop next to it.
The hotel rooms have antique furniture. Rare to find it elsewhere. Great furniture. Breakfast is served in rooms. Indian and Western and you can order the night before.
Now I would like to suggest few things. The complimentary toiletries is not up to the mark. It is below the hotel great standard. I feel that a good soap and a good shaver/razor, a comb etc do not cost too much. Either place these in bathroom or inform the availability of these to guests and they can ask if they need.
Second is the floor of the bathroom which is painted black. It does not give a clean feeling and it is uneven also. Why not have marble or vitrified tiles which give a very bright and clean feeling.
I will return to this hotel. Great experience. Thanks.

Room Tip: Rooms away from entrance are good for sleep.
bangalore
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My review is a little overdue and sincere apologies to Mr Jagannath. I was on business travel and was looking for a central location which was within my budget and was rated well. A previous unplanned stay in a a horrible hotel in kolkata had made me very vary and I was keen on staying in a good hotel. I looked up at the hotel on trip advisor and made reservations. The hotel is bang near the seven point circle which is a good landmark. It is at the start of park street and thus is convenient if you are looking at CBD. On arrival, I was given a choice of selecting the rooms. I was very pleasantly surprised that they had actually converted an old mansion into a boutique property. The room were well appointed while still maintaining the charm of the British era. The bathroom was modern in fittings. I was seriously impressed. I was even more impressed when Mr Jagannath mentioned that he had migrated back from States to take over the family Busines. I must say that he made a great choice and did a good job about managing it.
I had made bookings for two nights. However I had a serious health situation and was forced to call upon reception to rush me to the hospital. Mr Jagannath and his staff took all the necessary precautions and cared for me till I was admitted into the hospital. They took care of my valuables including all my cards, wallet, cash and Laptop while I was unconscious. On gaining consciousness in the hospital, the staff ensured that they were around till my relative in Kolkata came and took over. Post which they ensured that all valuables were handed over.
Unfortunately I could not meet the staff and express my thanks personally. Mr Jagannath on his part followed up on my health even after I had reached Bangalore. Through this post I wanted to express my sincere thanks and best wishes to Mr Jagannath and his professional team.

Looking forward to staying on my next sojourn to Kolkata

Room Tip: Make reservations with the hotel directly. They offer better prices than the travel portals.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PrashanthEyyala
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights at the end of a short holiday in Kolkata and was very impressed with it. The brothers who run the hotel were extremely helpful, they located a foreign exchange nearby and gave me a list of decent markets in the area. The bedroom and bathroom were clean and well presented. The television had plenty of English-speaking channels, which was nice to wind down with at night after the hustle and bustle of the city. If you're expecting a large hotel, please be warned that there is only 6 bedrooms - it is classed as a boutique hotel which gives it alot of charm. I even got some welcoming sweets when I first checked in, which was very nice!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone as it is extremely central yet provides a nice getaway from the trappings of the city. I was very happy with the quality of the service I received...so make sure you check it out!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hotel233ParkStreet, Manager at Hotel 233 Park Street, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Hotel 233 Park Street recently. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We value your feedback and take this opportunity to thank you for the kind words of appreciation. Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hotel 233 Park Street, Kolkata.

Warmest Regards,
D.K. Jalan
stay@233parkstreet.com
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have been in 7 out of 8 hotels that are the leading hotels in Kolkata so I can write a fair and real comparison between all leading hotels.
Please Remember and understand that 233 park is not a 5 star hotel but a boutique hotel in the heart of Kolkata.
If you want a 5 star hotel in the city (meaning you want Pool, Gym, inner restaurants, and spa etc.) you should go to the Oberoi Hotel which is the best but pay as well.
if you come for business and you want to stay near the factories of leather or near the Hi Tech area and need or want a 5 star hotel go to the ITC.
BUT -if you want to be in the city and are willing to stay in a hotel without all the fancy 5 star facilities - book in advance at 233 Park as they have only 6 rooms.
As for me –I was driven every day half an hour to the factories outside the city and I will certainly come again to this hotel and bear the travel in and out the city.
As mentioned before let the driver know the location as Park Circus 7-Point Crossing otherwise he will not find the place.
I would rate hotels according to 8 conditions:
1. Location – great location city center around park St. a lot of restaurants.
2. Room and facilities -I took the suite which was big and comfortable. As mentioned facilities are not as 5 star hotel.
3. Breakfast – breakfast is served in the room and it is good but it is Indian breakfast and you can ask anything you want and they will be willing to do for you.
4. Price – value for money best in Kolkata and one of the best in India.
5. Service – very good service. Everyone is willing to help you without any problem and a big smile.
6. Overall feeling –would I come back –yes. As mentioned earlier.
7. WI fi – very good Wi-Fi.
8. Spa and gym – again – it is not a 5 star hotel.
now it is your choice to decide.

Room Tip: 1. let the driver know that the hotel is located on the Park Circus 7-Point Crossing 2. many good...
3 Thank benny-rehovot
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Hotel 233 Park Street, Kolkata. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We value your feedback and take this opportunity to thank you for the kind words of appreciation. At 233 Park Street we follow a principle that emphasizes on the significance of personal service and precise attention towards the comfort and care of the patrons. It allows the guests to feel at home while enjoying the benefits of the hotel’s location and reliving the magic of the bygone era.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast options. We try our best to accommodate the diverse breakfast choices of our varied guests. Some elements of luxuries along with an authentic experience of traditional Zamindari lifestyle and the additional benefits of a centralized location in Kolkata make Hotel 233 Park Street an exclusive name in hospitality. However, the reasonable room rates and tariffs ensure that the memorable experience of the hotel is not beyond the reach of most of the people. Irrespective of a business trip or a family vacation, the definite address for comfort and convenience within a reasonable price is Hotel 233 Park Street.

It is important to note, however, that currently we are just a small six room vintage boutique hotel with basic facilities. For this reason it would be difficult to compare us with the experience one might have had with five star hotels, resorts and other larger hotels which have far greater and elaborate services, speciality restaurants, recreational areas, spas, health club, business centres, etc.. that we do not have. We request guests to keep this in mind while booking with us.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hotel 233 Park Street!

Warmest regards,

D. K. Jalan
Stay@233parkstreet.com
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here three nights in Sept/Oct. The rooms were lovely, cleaned everyday, spacious, aircon and plenty of English tv channels (if you choose not to watch local TV, which can also be quite entertaining!). Breakfast was also amazing, highly recommend the Indian options. The staff were extremely courteous, went out of their way to assist with any request, and have great suggestions for local restauraunts (Amsala just across the road was great). It was a great little oasis to escape the constant beeping of horns. The only downside I could think of was the location, it is a fair walk from the Victoria memorial/BBD Bagh/Howrah bridge etc (close to mother theresas house though), but if you're like me and enjoy walking to experience the city then it is great. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

We value your feedback and take this opportunity to thank you for the kind words of appreciation for our staff. The location of Hotel 233 Park Street ensures its guests an easy access to the various landmarks and significant locations, spread all over the city and catering to the diverse preference and needs of each individual guest.

Within a periphery of .5-1.5 kms from our hotel, some of the best malls, restaurants and eateries of Kolkata are located. Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity is at a distance of 1km, Victoria Memorial (2.5km), BBD Bagh (4km) and Howrah Station (6km) from our hotel respectively.

Warmest Regards,