“Great food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The variety & quality offered is great.
This is backed up by impeccable service
It is always a pleasure to eat at the restaurant

1  Thank SPakrasi
GEORGEKURUVILLACAL, General Manager at La Terrasse, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for dinning with us and to take the time to write this review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable experience and it was a pleasure to be at your service.

There are newer reviews for La Terrasse

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I came here for a late lunch a few months back with some friends. The menu, was really creative, we all ordered different dishes, all of which were truly amazing, I cannot recommend it highly enough. Outstanding service, and outstanding attention to detail. All I can say is Perfection at its best. The staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Your appreciation has been a tremendous source of inspiration for each of us and I am sure your words of encouragement would definitely go a long way in inspiring and motivating the team to deliver Service Par Excellence to all our discerning guests.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

expected 5star hotel food level has to be exocitic . we had ala carta and food was not up to expectations specailly rogan gosh as compared to high price

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am concerned to note your feedback and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused to you with regards to the quality of food. It will be wonderful if we can have your feedback so that we can make improvements concerning the food. You can send us your feedback on the coordinates given below.

Generalmanger.kolkata@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I ate here several times for breakfast during my stay. Staff and food were wonderful. They will make you just about anything you like to order. The blueberry pancakes and veggie omelet were great, and the Indian specialties were also very delicious.

1  Thank drjeff1968

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I have conveyed your appreciation of the breakfast preparations to our Chefs and your words of appreciation go a long way in encouraging them to achieve higher standards of excellence.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

While I stayed at the Taj Bengal, I decided to drop by The Oberoi Grand for lunch on the insistence of a family member who suggested I experience a bit of Oberoi as well. Upon entry no one bothered to assist us and we pretty much had to find our way into La Terrasse. We wanted to try the buffet to sample a bit of everything they had to offer. The service though is beyond lazy and there is no attention towards the customer - won't pick up plates on time, won't ask for drink refills, nothing. The buffet is very limited and the entrees have to be ordered from the limited choice they give on the menu for the day. I wanted to try Indian, more specifically Bengali food but they only had ONE Indian fish entree and I wasn't too keen on it. I ordered pasta instead. Though the food was smashed onto the table, it tasted heavenly and for a moment the negatives disappeared. The other person with me wasn't too happy with her fish dish however and shared my pasta. And considering the sparse options on the buffet which left me hungry, I ordered the same pasta again. This time, it tasted horrendous, the spaghetti was overcooked and the ingredients such as fresh basil disappeared. I politely asked what went wrong and was informed that they would prepare it again. However, what they did was just stir the same thing in olive oil and add basil leaves. Trying to cheat me simply infuriated me. I wasn't ready to put up with poor service either. We tried desserts and that was just old stuff prepared a day or two earlier. We complained to the F & B manager (a punjabi gentleman). He tried to explain but unfortunately we just wanted to leave and get back to the Taj Bengal. The billing took forever and they in fact offered a discount. However, we refused to accept their discount and informed the F&B manager that although we appreciated the gesture, our time was ruined and no amount of money could set it right. I am willing to accept these gestures at average places but not at a 5-star premise where I walk in with expectations and everything is charged at the premium. This place might have had its day and may still have good managers but service personnel simply don't take pride in their work.

I am thankful I didn't stay here. Taj Bengal is miles ahead with welcoming faces who will go well and beyond to keep you satisfied and smiling.

1  Thank TheTruth747

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am concerned to note your feedback regarding your experience at La Terrasse and have shared it with our Executive Chef and the Food and Beverage Service Manager and they are equally disappointed to note your feedback. We assure you that on your next visit our Chefs would prepare dishes as per your taste as our endeavour is to provide excellent service and food combined with warm and efficient service. I thank you for sharing this feedback and apologise for the less than satisfactory culinary experience.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to La Terrasse