“Not for non-religious people”

Dakshineswar Kali Temple
Book In Advance
More Info
$100.00*
and up
Private Tour: Places of Worship in Kolkata including Mother House
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Visited this place with a few friends, after one of them was selected for a prestigious business school. I had to ensure the summer heat without umbrella and bare foot. While others enjoyed the place, I was trying to protect myself from the scorching Kolkata heat.

1  Thank Arghya C

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were at this temple on Ashtami day during Durga Pooja. There must have been lakhs of people around. There was no hustling, pushing overcrowding for the darshan. People were waiting calmly in various queues to get the Mukh darshan. We had to wait for over an hour but it was worth the wait. Infact we waited in the queue twice to take the blessings. This place is a must visit especially during pooja days

1  Thank radhadyu
Reviewed April 3, 2014

During my business visit, I had an opportunity to take some time off and visit this beautiful temple, Luckily for me it was a working day and Wednesday, so did not find huge rush. The idol is beautiful so is the temple structure. I saw many local buses so transportation should not be an issue. As the people over there tell, the infrastructure has improved a lot, lot of open shops have now been allocated space in the complex, which reduces the chaos.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

If you belive in God You should go there ,Its a place which gives you mental peace...if you are upset Trust me you will fell much better...When ever I go ..i feel better..I have been there sevaral times ...

1  Thank Chitrarath B
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Dedicated to the Hindu goddess Kali , the temple is situated on the banks of river Hooghly. The premises consist of a number of temples dedicated to various Hindu deities and is typically crowded with a host of devotees through out the day and especially on weekends.
The temple surroundings consist of a number of shops selling souvenirs, street food as well offerings for the deities inside the temple.

Dakshineshwar is connected by the suburban railway route of Sealdah-Dankuni and can be accessed via the GT road. The ideal time to visit the temple would be in the evening hours where one could enjoy the lovely sunset on the river banks. The temple is also connected to Belur math via the ferry service on the river.