“Kolkata under my skin”

Kolkata Story Tours
Ranked #3 of 48 Tours in Kolkata (Calcutta)
More attraction details
Owner description: A very good way of intimately looking at a city, enjoying its vibes and engaging with its people, arts, culture and entertainment is by walking through some special parts of the city. Calcutta (Kolkata) can be best enjoyed through the several Day Tour Story Walks that we conduct across the city. Some of the splendid walks that you could take with us are as follows :THE RAJ HERITAGE WALKS - Dalhousie Square area & Strand River Front. THE EARLY CALCUTTA WALK - Lanes & Bylanes of Old Kolkata, following the germination, growth and decadence of a City . THE LUNGS OF KOLKATA - Morning Walks in the Maidan, lung full of fresh air and watching a City get fitter by the day. BOOKWORMING - A walk through College Street, the oldest book market in the east and the seats of learning with many Colleges and the Calcutta University.FEEL THE HUMAN TIDE - Walk, mix and interact with the people of the city. Get the essence of Kolkata under your skin. A promised overwhelming experience.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

So far, wherever we've been, we’ve seen sights. We’ve seen people and markets and have been amazed by the different sights and cultures. But the feel has been of the exotic mostly . In China, Italy or other places of India. However, our walking tour of Calcutta with Kolkata Story Trails was a stand out experience. The experience was completely different. The Story Tellers took us for the walk, showed us the sights and made us feel the exotic. But the walk was not limited to that. For every street, every building and every face, there was a story they told us. A story of not just dry historical facts or fiction but one of achievements, failures, struggle, myths, heritage and path breaking pioneering movements. We could start enjoying and understanding a city that was entirely foreign to us 24 hours before the walks. In 3 days, we enjoyed the Cemetery Tour , The Raj Heritage tour and the Sutanati Tour. The Trail companions were full of patience, polite and enjoyable company. They gave some excellent tips on things to do, eat and go around. I will recommend them to all my friends and hope the service stays the same for them.

23  Thank Jamie S
Kaushikc5, Owner at Kolkata Story Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are now Kolkata Story Tours and equally inspired to keep giving you a wonderful experience. Our company is Kolkata Story Tours and in no way affiliated to Storytrails India Private Limited.

All reviews
"early morning walk"
"local transport"
"chai"

Reviewed July 18, 2013

It was like a ride on the time machine - the Kolkata Story Trail took me to a place, an era which I never knew existed in the city of Kolkata. If you love to hear stories and have a passion to discover new things and places then this is an experience you can't afford to miss.

The promoters must be complimented for coming up with such a unique tour which, I personally, would prefer any day over the usual half day siteseeing tours. The professional service makes this experience more memorable. A highly recommended value-for-money option to re-discover the city of joy.

19  Thank PrithaDC

Thank you so much for your ind words. We are now Kolkata Story Tours and equally inspired to keep giving you a wonderful experience. Our company is Kolkata Story Tours and in no way affiliated to Storytrails India Private Limited.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Normally a trip to any city is " been there done that". It is seldom that one gets to know it's soul. Kolkata Story Trails (KTS) led by Kaushik has been an experience that I live within me for a long time. Calcutta to me lives in a pause and Kaushik was the right person for us to enjoy that moment.

The two half day walks were designed extremely well in terms of extracting real essence of the city. He made us walk, take the tram, hob nob in a Ferry, dumped us on the hand rickshaw, carted us in the metro.. he made us breathe and live Calcutta. Be it the history or the architecture, the glide of the Ganges or the young boys diving to embrace the waters, KTS had packed it all.

What I really appreciated about the whole experience was the pace, the patience and the passion that Mr. Kaushik exuded. He is truly a committed individual trying his best to share the city and its treasures.

I recommend this to all those visiting Calcutta and I strongly recommend to those living in Calcutta, for they do not know the many layers the city has to offer.

Towards the end, the Chinese Church was a masterpiece and I cant say much but let you savor it for yourself.

I will be back, to delve deeper into the veins of the city and Kaushik would help me explore more.

22  Thank Rahulgupta67

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Being a true "Kolkatan" - but unfortunately presently residing outside - the Kolkata Story Trails gave me (and my family) a perfeft opprtunity to explore and discover a part of the city which I had never seen. Trust me, this not only holds good for people with some kind of a connection with the city but also for any other Indian or foreigner. The Trail takes you, quite literally, into the "Old world" and gives you an inside view of the way the city developed. Credit must be given to the promoters of the tour. The professional, yet friendly approach of the host really makes this trip worth it. You should definitely put this on your "things-to-do" list if you are in Kolkata anytime soon.

22  Thank SunandoDhar

See more reviews
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We took this walk with my cousins when we came together for my sister's wedding. A friend had suggested this and Kolkata Story Trails was a equally good but cheaper option from few options. Firstly , I made a friend in Rimi, my tour host for the day. After a briefing by Kaushik Bhai, we set out to look at the Raj Heritage Walk and we were told many interesting stories about the British Colonization and Indian Freedom Movement. Every building and site seemed to have a thrilling history which enriched us a lot. Even my Kolkata cousins said that they learnt a lot from the trip. Although the heat was building up, we were reluctant to end the tour as it was like a picnic on the move for us all young folks having fun and learning too. We liked the Daab (Narial pani) and Kolkata Chai. Rimi also suggested we take the Esplanade to Kidderpore Tram Ride, which we could not ultimately. But Kolkata was fun on the whole!!

20  Thank roshnilight