“Service needs improvement”

Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge
Ranked #16 of 221 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Auroville, India
“Service needs improvement”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at Park Plaza in June 2014. It is a part of the Raddison Group of Hotels or the Carlson group. The infrastructure is excellent and the location central. The check-in procedure was good and speedy. The hotel agreed to change my room within minutes when asked.

The breakfast spread is wonderful but the staff is so indifferent that I couldn't believe that it was a hotel of Park Plaza's caliber. During the buffet lunch there was no one to serve or attend to us. The staff was also chatting outside the restaurant! Shocking! And being an upmarket restaurant, one prefers more than this kind of an attitude.

The reception at times could get really unprofessional. When asked about the Spa details, they would ask you questions like, are you a guest here - what is your room number? I found this very strange on their part. And of course, they had no information to offer. When the receptionist called to give basic information, she still could not answer vital questions!

The hotel management was also prompt and helpful in securing taxi services for us.

The duty officer knew about my outrage and called in to take a detailed input from me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Delhi, New York
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Good location . Check in , Courtesy of the staff , ambience , Quality of rooms , Check out - all should get 4 out of 5. Breakfast menu is 3 out of 5 . Breakfast services is not professional and should be rated around 1.5 out of 5 and needs to be improved immediately.

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

PPKB, Manager at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The approach to Park Plaza, Kolkata is not too great, but once you are inside, its great to be there as the property is located in an upmarket peaceful residential area. However, with the sultry climate it is recommended that the common movement areas like lobby etc have Dehumidifiers. Rooms are modern, spacious and comfortable. Bathrooms are also clean and modern. Wi Fi speeds are an issue. Buffet is multi-cuisine but authentic taste needs improvements. Staff is helpful and courteous. Security inside is top of the line.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.

Greetings of the day!!

We sincerely appraise that you have taken out time to write this review. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. It is our constant endeavour to create a wonderful experience of warm hospitality and immaculate service for all our valued guests.

We highly appreciate your feedback as it will help us becoming better at what we do.
It is our goal to retain you as a satisfied guest and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Park Plaza turned out to be a beautiful property - as expected and I received a warm welcome by the staff. Got a room on a high floor just below the pool floor. The rooms are spacious and clean and the room service is also good - though slow - I had to call twice for my dinner order!

While inside the hotel you can get all the comforts you can think if, the locality in which it is located doesn't appeal at all. Ballygunge is typical Kolkata - crowded and screaming for space.

If you need a good break and want to stay within - great place!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
PPKB, Manager at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Sir,

We sincerely appraise that you have taken out time to share this review. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

We are really thank full to you for your positive feedback and your great comments about our staff and services. We have shared your nice comments with our staff which is surely motivate ourselves to outperform.

Warm Regards

Delhi
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Well I was quite surprised by the warm welcome by the hotel staff at the main entrance which did not go that well with the front desk.The rooms were very spacious and very neat and clean equipped with all amenities.
The food here is pretty good with a decent price.
There is lot of functions and business meeting takes place which sometimes lack the front desk to attend the guest staying in their hotel, but that's very minor and can be avoided.
Apart from that I was totally astonished to see they provide airport assistance, as soon as I reached airport I was greeted by the person on behalf of the Hotel and he offered his kind assistance, that was really quite remarkable.
I would say nice hotel to stay.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

It was a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful time at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge. I along with my entire team appreciate your honest feedback which is encouraging and would help us to keep moving forward and set a higher benchmark for us in future. We look for your patronage in future as well.

With Regards,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My stay was very comfortable and the service levels were just outstanding. I had internet issue in the room and the guys from IT came and told me it will be sorted. By the time i returned to hotel in the evening there was a router kept inside my room and the signal strength was perfect. Also the food and staff at the coffee shop was good. The staff the front desk while at check in and check out were also good. Room very comfortable until you pull the curtain up...

1 Thank RiteshTan
PPKB, Manager at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, responded to this review, July 15, 2014

Thane, India
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed in Park Plaza, Kolkata for 2 days this week. When I checked in at 5 pm the room was getting ready & I was made to wait for 10 mins before I could get my room. The room was comfortable & nice. Morning breakfast has good variety to offer & has something for everybody. The hotel is in Ballygunge, which is plush locality of Kolkata & has good connectivity to other parts of the city. This hotel is a smart option for business as well holiday travellers.

2 Thank Octoberborn_Nomad