“Hotel in the Heart of Town” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge

and 1 more site!
Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge
Ranked #15 of 217 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
BANGALORE
“Hotel in the Heart of Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on a stopover holiday to Bhutan, since my flight to Bhutan was early in the morning I was forced to stay overnight in Kolkatta, This property is situated just off a busy road in Ballygaunge. Hotel is a 3-4 month old property which is almost ready and is a cute hotel. The rooms are very clean and neat. Bath room is also quite spacious and good. The Breakfast spread was also good. The hotel did provide complimentary Wifi in the room. The hotel is very close to couple of shopping malls and Birla Mandir. For people looking for Veg Food Haldirams & Govinda's(ISCKON) is just a short distance away.

Room Tip: All the rooms have the views of the buildings on the side, did not find any room with any great view...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PPKB, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Mr Arun,

Greetings of the day!!!

It was great to read the positive comments about our hotel and the services offered to you. This valuable comment made us feel proud to be a part of Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge.

Our constant endeavor is to innovate ourselves and offer something new to our guest. Our team is continuously making the effort to exceed expectations and bring the edge service.

We look forward to welcome you back at our hotel when your travel brings you to The City Of Joy.

Warm Regards

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at the Park Plaza for one night. It has all the facilities of a larger 5 star hotels, but in a smaller and more friendly, less ostentatious package. The rooms are decent and clean with comfortable beds and has free wifi in the rooms for guests.

You get the feeling that all international chain hotels follow a similar formula: high ceiling lobby with some fancy 'feature', buffet breakfast with cheese to be found somewhere, bottles of shower gel/shampoo/body scrub/soap or whatever all labelled with impossibly small writing, tv remote control with slightly flat batteries. Park Plaza has all this too so if you normally stay at a Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton you'll feel right at home, but the thing that makes this place stand out from all others is the quality of how they treat their guests.

Anyone can smile and open a door. The true test of customer service shows in how an issue is resolved. There was a minor hiccup on the airport pickup that I thought I had arranged, but probably hadn't, and the staff at the hotel handled it superbly. Not once was there even a suggestion that I could have been at fault. The problem was very quickly and effectively addressed and the duty manager, who called me personally whilst I was in the airport taxi on the way to the hotel, ensured that the very minor, and quite possibly self-inflicted, inconvenience was more than made up for.

The Park Plaza more than exceeded my expectations. I will most definitely stay here again, I just wish that work brought me up to Kolkata more often.

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor as you may get a view - 4th floor on one side looks at a wall
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PPKB, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, responded to this review, May 26, 2013

Greetings from Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge!!!

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback.

It is indeed a pleasure to note that the entire team at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge could meet your expectations during your recent stay. The whole team at the hotel just aims to ensure that we provide the best in class service to our valued guests and it is really delightful to note that we could make your experience the best.

we look forward to welcome you back on your next visit again and assure you of an even more memorable stay with us.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had been to this newly opened hotel in a very busy and moderately upscale locality in Kolkata. The locality is as congested as Kolkata is reputed to be, but the quality of the hotel layout and interiors is excellent. We had been to one of the new restaurants K19 and were welcomed warmly. The food was superb.
But what made me feel humiliated and consequently disgusted was the management's most uncivil behavior at the end. The food served was too much in quantity for the two of us. So we requested that the food be packed so that we could take it home. It was not a buffet service. The management declined and did not even care to convey this decision by a manger but via the waiter who was waiting on us. This is atrocious.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Hello There

Greetings from Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygungel!

We sincerely appreciate your time and thank you very much for the wonderful feedback.

It is indeed a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your time with us and specially the hospitality and the quality of food. it is our constant endeavour to create a wonderful experience of warm hospitality and impeccable service for all our valued guests.

I have also shared your concern with team that you were not happy with the service of K19,we believe that the guest must be happy at all times. Unfortunately for us, we did not meet expectations and were not able to delight you during your dinner.

Having said that, I would still request that we be given an opportunity to redeem ourselves and demonstrate that this is NOT a true reflection of our services standards.

Look forward to welcome you back at our hotel sooner.

Warm Regards

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Its a perfect business hotel located in Gariahat area near to Ballygunge. It boasts of 5 dining options, an outdoor pool and a spa. It also features a gym, business centre and complimentary Wi-Fi access to its guests. It is the first Carlson group hotel opened in Kolkata.

The staff is courteous, willing to help always. Spread of buffet breakfast is vast and enjoyable to eat. Rooms are modern with all the facilities required. I usually stay here during my business visits & is a perfect fit for business come pleasure hotel. One can also get a good rate if booked at right time.

Dear Mr.Gupta,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge on your recent trip.Thank you for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor.

We, at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, seek to transform every aspect of our guest's stay into a revitalized experience and are delighted to learn you had a positive experience throughout. We could not be happier to know that you were impressed with the décor, upkeep, rooms, food spread, service areas as well as the overall ambience of our property.

Thank you for your kind appreciation and we look forward to welcoming you to Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge when your travel brings you back to this great city.

kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a new Hotel for the CITY OF JOY..PARK PLAZA was at every big City Across India and now its in KOlkata...The location of this hotel is very nice and the ambiance is awesome.The food quality in this hotel is very good.We have been to this hotel for a business meeting and I like the place very much.

Greetings from Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge!!!

Thank you very much for taking time out to review us. It has been indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us. I personally thank you for the motivating review that you have given us.

We will continue to strive our best to ensure our guests have a great experience with us

Once again thank you for your time and looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Kolkata.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Well frankly speaking I wasn't too excited when my girl recommended me to Hotel Park Plaza as I have always checked in to properties like Hyatt , Taj and Marriotts if they are available in a particular city where I am travelling. Inspite of my reluctance I did book with Hotel Park Plaza , Calcutta for two nights , i.e. April 7th 2013 and April 8th 2013 as it was more convinient for my girl as this was ideally located and saved her transport time.

I was pleasantly surprised to have a Rented Car ( as was arranged earlier at a cost ) receive me. What I was thinking to myself was , why did the hotel not have a Complimentary Pick Up and Drop to the Airport for a Customer who has booked a higher category of room.

Nevertheless, I did reach the Hotel on time and I liked the overall ambience and staff hospitality. I was later told that this is a failry new property.

I liked the room as it was spacious and neat and did have a good bathroom !

Certain things weren't upto the mark for example , my brand new Suit was covered with white cotton extracts as I sat on the bed with the pillow to rest !

I partiulary found it funny that the hotel maintains a particular temperature for Hot water supply even though they were constantly reminded that the science doesnot apply when you fill wter in the tub or to use the jacuzzi ! The water went cold before the tub was half filled !

The food was way below what I would call " good food " as for the price you pay , I could have easily dined at a Star Property !

The Hotel Staff are friendly and maintained a warm and patient approach througout my stay ! I particularly would like to mention Rosy , Cassandra and Dibhuti ( sorry if i misspelt your name ). You guys were amazing !! Thank You.

I hate to say this but the Restaurants and Roof Top Bar are pathetic in terms of Service ! You DON'T Serve peanuts with Glenfidditch !!! And certainly NOT CRUSHED ICE !!!

All said and done I would personally like to thank Chirag who was simply amazing ! Chirag , you were the best thing that could happen to this hotel ! You were patient and extended every professional courtesy possible in the Hospitality Industry ! Thanks a ton !

Will keep Checkin to your property soon !

Room Tip: Speak to Rosy or Chirag !!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Greetings from Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge!!!

Thank you for your patronage to our hotel. We appreciate you spending the time to share your experiences with us and shall surely share your kind words with the team and specially with the names that you have specified . We pride ourselves in offering a personal and instinctive service, and a sensory – rich environment that evokes a feeling of tranquility and well-being. Let me also assure you that I have already shared your concern about the alcohol services and will ensure immidiete improvement.

We forward to welcoming you back to Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge in the near future.

Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Enjoyed every bit of our 3days stay here. I would especially mention the staff. We found them extremely helpful, polite and ever smiling. They would go out of the way to help you during breakfast hours and otherwise too. The rooms were spacious, clean and equipped with all modern facilities. Though our room dint offer a view from the window but that was not much of an issue. our stay throughout was very comfortable. I would definitely choose park plaza to stay in whenever i happen to visit Kolkata again. Thanx for being a part of our pleasant memories of the city. Best wishes.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
PPKB, General Manager at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello There,

Greetings from Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge!

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your accommodation needs in this great city.

I sincerely thank you for the wonderful review and appreciate your time.

It was our privilege to have you stay with us and looking forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home soon.

Vinay Nair