“Memorable stay”
Review of Tatvam Residency

Tatvam Residency
Ranked #23 of 251 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and i travelled to kolkata recently. We were apprehensive as both of us do not speak hindi or bengali. We made lot of research over net and finally we chose tatvam for our stay. We stayed there between16th to 21st january. Looking back we are extremely happy that we made the right choice for our accommodation. Tatvam exceeded our expectations.We stayed in a premier double room. The rooms are all neat and spacious, provided with all necessary comforts. The novel idea of a common dining hall for the floor where we stayed impressed us a lot. I hope the same arrangement is there for all the floors. The staff were extremely cordial and the food was excellent. The proprietors mr& mrs Arora were great to move with. The way they interacted with us and attended to even tiniest of details and queries made our experience in kolkata all the more special. Over all an enjoyable trip. Thanks tatvam. If we happen to be back, we head straight to tatvam

Mr and Mrs.Anantha rama krishnan

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Anantharamakrishnan
TatvamResidency, Owner at Tatvam Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Mr Anantha and Neeraja,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our future travellers!! It means a lot to us at Tatvam, especially because we are so new and reviews like yours bring credibility to our efforts and hospitality. It was indeed a pleasure to have you and bond with you so closely. Thanks for putting in a word about our rooms, food and staff and I am so glad that your first trip to Kolkata was memorable! Look forward to serve you again on your future trips to Kolkata.

Best Wishes and Regards to all in Chennai.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The bedroom is big and you can come out to share a living room with friends from other rooms.
good food is served at the dining table in the living room. Very tasty food, especially the one called Bangaritari. Near Science city which is quite good for the kid. The hotel owner is very kind and helpful. Good correspondence from the reception.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank neera40
TatvamResidency, Owner at Tatvam Residency, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Maneerat,

Thank you for choosing Tatvam and taking the time to write such a nice comment. We all were delighted to welcome you and are very pleased to read that you enjoyed the rooms, services and food,especially the Bengali Thali.
It was a pleasure to interact with you so closely and to know so much about the recent developments in your country.I'm glad that your son enjoyed the city tour arranged by us especially the Science City.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at Tatvam!

Best Wishes

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

After a long trip I wasn't sure about the place. Due to some construction you may think that the place is not right but starting from the staff at check in any thought of doubt disappeared.
The check in was smooth and the room was great. I like the concept of doing it with a common living room but the room and bathroom is private and you won't hear what's going on outside.
Breakfast was included and was excellent in quality and quantity.
A must stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Andres A
TatvamResidency, Owner at Tatvam Residency, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Andres,

Thank you for taking the time to review Tatvam and giving us such a positive feedback.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the concept of our property, the breakfast and the services provided.
We wish that your next visit would be a longer stay in Kolkata and we look forward to having you with us once again!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

we stayed here for 2days i.e. on 16th and 17th Jan'14 .Very good stay. Very good Breakfast and Food.We enjoyed Chapati, Omelet and sweets. Had a good & pleasant sleep. Madam Sonu & her entire team are excellent. Overall felt good.Would always prefer staying there and strongly recommend to all...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank baalu143
TatvamResidency, Owner at Tatvam Residency, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Mr Giridhar,

Thank you so much for your review on Tatvam! I appreciate your comment about the Breakfast, food, sleep quality and my entire staff .I am so happy that your group of friends with their families had an overall good experience. It will be our pleasure to have all of you with us on your next visit to Kolkata.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

About Us: My husband and I decided to go on a whirlwind honeymoon and travel across India for 4 weeks. We visited 7 different cities and stayed in 9 hotels and Tatvam was easily, the best hotel we stayed in. Sonu is immediately warm and inviting... I made sure I got to give her a hug before we left (And I'm pretty sure, in all my travels, I've never done that before). Tatvam was the first place we stayed in when we arrived and Kolkata and the last place we stayed before we left to go back to California (USA).

Service: When we first arrived, my husband and I were stressed because we weren't able to book some transportation that we needed. Sonu and her team immediately helped us through the process like I never would have expected. Just beyond amazing service. When we went to sleep that night my husband's last words were, "Thank God we chose this place."
*FYI* There is a tip box in the office for tipping so that it is equally divided. Tatvam is run like a team, it makes sense that there is a tip box. We didn't know that at first and so were tipping every person for something every time. It gets to be difficult because with the service being excellent, you're pulling out your wallet a lot. Once we found out about the tip box, it was just easy to tip at the end of the night/our stay. Obviously, tipping isn't required. But with the service, you'll want to.

Cleanliness: The linens were clean and I never once saw a stain. The TV is nice and really easy to navigate English channels. The bathrooms were expertly cleaned as well. There was also warm water in the shower. Some advice: Make sure you turn the shower heater on a little bit before you want to take the shower so that it has time to heat up! It works like a gem!

Food: We ate in as often as we ate out. It was fantastic! The breakfasts were incredibly filling and a really wide range of menu. We never felt like we had to wait long for it either.

Location/Sleep Quality: "Picnic Garden Rd off the EM Bypass." Easy directions that every single taxi driver knew. Say that and you're golden! We also loved the location because it was out of the craziness of the city just enough where you can get a quiet, peaceful sleep but only a short taxi ride to the center of it all!

I just can't say enough good things about this hotel. I hope future travelers will read this post. I wanted to make sure I wrote a detailed review because I believe a good and honest business should be rewarded with prosperity. I stayed in 9 hotels over our honeymoon and if I could have made each one a Tatvam... I would have.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Meryn S
TatvamResidency, Owner at Tatvam Residency, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Meryn,
I cannot thank you enough for your glowing review! I am touched about your thought that a true and honest business should be rewarded and I am grateful to you for sharing your experience. Your comprehensive description about the service, cleanliness,food and location has all that our future travelers would want to know and it definitely raises our bar!
Hoping to have you with us once again , in the near future. Wishing you and Max a great future together!

Warm hugs

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Hey Sonu... Really very sorry for writing this so late...
I'd been to Kolkata for the first time... N m glad that I chose to stay at TATVAM RESIDENCY....
Rooms are quite spacious... Food's good..
Sonu n her entire team is very helpful... I'd a Very comfortable stay at TATVAM RESIDENCY..
Would always prefer staying there and strongly recommend to all...

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank icyoops4u
TatvamResidency, Owner at Tatvam Residency, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review about your experience with us! I am very pleased that you liked the rooms, food as well as the quality of services rendered by my Team. Your satisfaction is our reward !

We look forward to welcoming you again .

Proprietor

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was a great experience at Tatvam. My kids were just at home. I must mention that Ms. Sonu had personal touch on everything to cater our requirements. She was even courteous enough to call us when we were back to the country to confirm that we reached home hale and hearty. All the staffs starting from the gatekeeper, were very cordial. I must mention Driver Arvind, whom Tatvam arranged to rent for us, was also a very good travel guide. He always thought of our convenience including his efforts to save our parking charges weherever possible.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mahmudbinalam
TatvamResidency, Owner at Tatvam Residency, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Mr Mahmud,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor! It gave all of us at Tatvam great pleasure to host you, Hamida and the Kids. I am so pleased to know that you found your stay at Tatvam homely and that the service staff did a great job. I will definitely convey your feed back to them. Driver Arvind too will feel very encouraged by your comments.
I thank you once again for appreciating us and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Kolkata. Convey my regards to Hamida.

Best Wishes