“great value for money and service”

Casa Salt Lake - CL Block
Bhubaneswar, India
“great value for money and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

i think the best part about the place was the service. very friendly staff who keep out of your way but make your stay comfortable. The rooms were clean and good. nothing fancy but good enough. only problem sheets were not changed too often

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank SuryaNMishra
CasaSaltLake, Owner at Casa Salt Lake - CL Block, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Hello Sir

Many many thanks for write you valuable feed back
I had taken note of your concern and will surely take the necessary steps
I look forward to welcome you again at Casa Salt Lake
Jai Pal Raheja

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Been using these guest house facilities on and off for the past 7-8 months, great and attentive staff clean rooms plus reasonable prices to top it all, have interacted personally with the owners too.. good professional attitude that many of the home stay or guest house outfits usually lack. Overall a good budget choice

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CasaSaltLake, Owner at Casa Salt Lake - CL Block, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Mr Shammi
Thanks for your valuable feedback
Trust me,it means a lot for Casa
Will always work hard to give you good service and try to improve the areas which you had indicated
Thanks a million
Take Care
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Casa Salt Lake - what to say about this place?I came back to Kolkata after 6 years to with my family and some European friend who want to experience my city,my Birth Place.I invented Casa Salt Lake from there website - www.casasaltlake.in , called to Mr Jai Raheja - Owner to take first hand information about Casa .I found Mr Jai polite and he very patiently answered all questions regarding , Location,Room,Bed,Food & all other amenities his place had.As per the given date,I reached Kolkata Airport - I was picked up by Transport arranged by Mr Jai/Casa Salt Lake

By the time we reached Casa,it was approx midnight but we found Mr Jai waiting for us along with his staff,we were welcomed by big smile

Rooms were allocated ( we were total 8 Pax ) all 4 rooms,the rooms were clean with clean bedsheet & towels

Tea was served on our request at 0100 AM

For rest of 5 nights which we stayed at Casa Salt Lake we never felt that we were not in our own house.

Mr Sudhir (Manager) was always very attentive and ready to meet our all needs

We were served excellent Bengali Food - as my friends were very keen to try the local food

We left Casa with a promise that we will return for sure

I wish Mr Jai Raheja and his team all the best

Room Tip: They have 3 rooms on Ground Floor and 3 Rooms on 1st Floor.All the rooms are quite as Salt Lake is o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CasaSaltLake, Owner at Casa Salt Lake - CL Block, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Hello Mr Basu

Good to hear from you
Really greatful for your valuable feedback
Do take care of your health and look forward to welcome you again
Please pass on my THANKS to your friends as well
Varanasi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Casa Salt Lake - Casa is an Italian word which means - Home.I was at Casa Salt Lake from 10th Oct 13 - 15th Oct 13 with my family to attend a function

I booked this guest house after looking there website on net and I can say that it is reasonable priced and the staff are just great

The food was awesome,rooms are clean,staff is ready to assist you

Owner Mr Jai Raheja was of extreme help with arranging transport and planning our trip for in and around Kolkata

I will definitely like to come back if at all ever visit to Kolkata

Kudo to Mr Raheja

All the best

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CasaSaltLake, Owner at Casa Salt Lake - CL Block, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Mr Avinash
Thanks for taking out time and posting your valuable reviews on TripAdvisor
Will look forward to welcome you again
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

After a hectic time in Delhi and Kolkata we were able to relax and "become part of a community" until we flew out 5 days later. We found the staff great, helpful and always tried to assist a foreigner.
The owner spoke many languages and was able to assist us many times and offered us information about the locations we were trying to access.
We have visited India 5 times and each time have found the owner a great way to gain information about the country. Yesterday we even had a need to access a doctor and this was also done through the owner and his personal contacts.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaSaltLake, Owner at Casa Salt Lake - CL Block, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Mr Fred

Its glad to have your valuable feed backs
I am really thankful for your time
We look forward to welcome you again
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had spend 3 days in the madness of Kolkata and Casa was the only place where I could feel myself comfortable and relaxed. Staff is just great who are always happy to meet you, always offer help, helped me with locations a couple of times. The food was awesome..just like homemade..i never felt i was not at my home in delhi.
Staff used to come and ask everyday as to what would I like to have for breakfast,lunch & dinner...

Rooms are all good and especially for the given price...no match anywhere else..
Location is simply great away from the city madness and crowd...

Overall, my experience was more than positive. Great place to stay for a reasonable price. Highly recommended to all travelers in Kolkata who don't want to pay too much for their rooms.

A++
ps :-I traveled with my family & they had a lovely time.

Room Tip: I took rooms on ground floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sir

Thanks for your valuable feedback
I look forward to welcome you and your family again in future
Take Care
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Having spoken to the owner we turned up, our party 72 year old mother, 5 year old son, to find the promised rooms occupied. This despite the owner's assurances there would be at least one at 6.00am and then another later. The staff were totally indifferent, I guess this happens a lot! Salt Lake its' self is just a housing estate suffering a crime wave. Don't, there are much better places.

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Adrian G
Hello
Yes,this was the mistake from our end.
I take the responsibility for the mess up and the problem faced by you
It is a lesson for me and my team
I am sorry for all the trouble