“Kolkata style Chinese as good as any”
Review of Tung Fong

Tung Fong
Ranked #24 of 4,233 Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Been here quite a few times over the years; it is a large restaurant so one can expect to be seated quite soon even at rush times, it has been consistent all through out with good quick service, friendly staff and decent Kolkata Chinese; we always go for the tung Fong fried Chicken and their Chicken noodle soup is large and delicious, so if in hurry go for it and the meal will be done

There are newer reviews for Tung Fong

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Although it sports a dark ambiance, the menu is overpriced. Most of the dishes look the same and my 2 dishes tasted the same! Maybe the same sauce is used as a base.

There are much better places in Kolkata. I went here on recommendation from a local resident but unfortunately I did not like it.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I visit Kolkata every year and I make sure that I and my wife have our lunch everyday in tung fong...lunch buffet is simply amazing...you will get complimentary beer...the food served is excellent in taste and you will get the authentic Chinese taste...ice cream of your choice is served after you are done eating...the service of the staff is also appreciative...price is also very affordable...keep it up...

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have been to tung fong ans the food is heavenly. But I think they have an aversion for single diners as when I went in they sent me upstairs where the staff were happily watching television. I wanted to dine below but they sent me up to the bar.
I greatly dislike when restaurants treat single diners as pariahs.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

A good option for Chinese Cuisine in Park Street is Tung Fong. This was my maiden visit and I did not regret it at all. We found the ambiance quite suitable for elderly members or kids in the group. The menu was expansive. The taste was also quite pleasing. Each and every item that we had ordered carried an unique flavor. If confused do take the help of the waiters - they are more than willing to sort out your confusion.

They serve Buffet Lunch but evenings are only for A'la Carte orders. You need to arrive by 7:30pm (latest) during the weekends in case you want to grab a seat without waiting. Please note they do not reserve tables during the weekends because of the rush.

Overall pleasant experience and till date I am yet to hear a negative review of the place.

Please give it a try and I am sure you will not regret!!